Ch: 30 (Cream puff thief)

Water Master was back in her Palace, today she was alone as Yìfēi and Xiàn Fèng were busy making arrangements for Ghost King's arrival, her heated fight with Yìfēi had calmed after she promised she would try to be more nice to other people, Yìfēi ...

Water Master was back in her Palace, today she was alone as Yìfēi and Xiàn Fèng were busy making arrangements for Ghost King's arrival, her heated fight with Yìfēi had calmed after she promised she would try to be more nice to other people, Yìfēi was still slightly peeved with ShuîYuê and her tendencies to only follow Yìfēi's threats for a short while before she returned to her cold Water Master self, but Yìfēi didn't say much since ShuîYuê was actually being friendly with Xiàn Fèng,
Water Master was alone in the side hall going over some scrolls when she noticed the smell of cream puffs, she peeped out through the window to see two maids carrying a tray of cream puffs, ShuîYuê's stomach growled, she hadn't eaten anything tasty for the last twenty five days why ? because the doctor had said no and people in her palace loved torturing her so she hadn't had the chance to even sneek something from the market, today they had made cream puffs in the palace itself and ShuîYuê was going to eat those cream puffs, that was her birth right .

She went outside and purposely bumped in the maids carrying the tray of cream puffs, the two maids panicked as Water Master hissed in pain holding her right hand which was still covered in bandages, she could pick up light things but it hurt if she picked anything heavy, so they ran to get the doctor but Water Master said it was fine and they should bring her a warm bag of water instead, so the maids placed the trays on the side table and went to grab the warm bag quickly,

ShuîYuê looked around to see if anyone was near by but no one was in sight so she gingerly stuffed some of the cream puffs in her robes and pretended to be waiting for the maids who came two minutes later with the warm bag, they gave it to her who took it and went back to the side hall .

' Hehe, now's the time to finally have a taste of heaven,' she thought taking a bite of the cream puff, she closed her eyes as the tasty flavour swirled in her mouth, she took another big bite and right then she heard footsteps so she quickly hid the rest of them behind some scrolls.

Jade entered the side hall a tray in her hand, she placed it on the table while Water Master quickly chewed the bite in her mouth pretending to read the scrolls as she lifted the scroll to her face hiding behind it, 'I took a huge bite and I can't just swallow it whole,' she thought chewing quickly.

" Your medicine, Master please drink it while it's hot," Jade informed as she stared at Water Master acting strange, who nodded her head.

ShuîYuê finally managed to finish the cream puffs bite and licked her lips so that no crumbs were there, she put the scroll down and finished the medicine in one go placing the bowl down, she waited for Jade to leave who was still standing there staring at ShuîYuê.

" Anything else ?" ShuîYuê asked coldly

" Yes," Jade leaned her face close to ShuîYuê's who was frozen,

" What are you doing ?" ShuîYuê asked confused, Jade's face was only a few inches away when she brought her thumb to Water Master's face and caressed her cheek lightly, she pulled back as ShuîYuê took a deep breath, Jade sniffed her thumb and frowned, confused,