Ch:8 (First time meeting them )

Wudu Palace

They entered the side hall where they were greeted by the prince who was looking happy, "Master, Fēi JîeJîe, welcome back!" he greeted brightly before turning to his teacher, "You left early this morning when I went to practice at the Xia River so I asked Miss Souxin she said you were out for some work so I practised what you taught me yesterday and I can finally change into scales without having to worry about my skin bleeding much isn't that great Master?" he asked star-eyed.

ShuîYuê gave the young boy a gentle smile, "You have done well Jīnyú, you can go back for a small holiday to the Central Palace tomorrow." she said, ruffling his hair.

"Really? I'll go back and start packing right away, thankyou Master." he replied before running off happily, like an excited little puppy.

Jade wondered if someone was born in Heaven other than Wind Master or Prince Jīnyú who could make Water Master smile, this woman dressed in black in front of her was a walking talking contradiction and trying to decipher her behaviour would make Jade mental, and she wished to not go entirely screwed in the brain especially not because of this incredibly rude! Snappish! Pathetic! Cold-hearted! Cold-blooded! Cowardly! Jade averted her gaze from Water Master's face when the latter noticed the maid looking at her with narrowed eyes and pursed lips.

Yìfēi asked, "Souxin returned? when? Why didn't you tell me before?"

"You didn't let me speak." ShuîYuê said as she drank some water.

"Call her in. I have been dying to drink her special tea. No one in this place can make something even similar to that." Yìfēi sat as Jade removed her outer robe.

Souxin entered the hall a few minutes later while ShuîYuê and Yìfēi went over some scrolls, correcting them. Souxin greeted them, "Good afternoon, my ladies." she greeted, bowing her head. Jade looked up from her spot at the edge of the hall to see who this Souxin was and what was so special about her, Souxin was a young girl a few years older than Jade probably, who was serving Yìfēi tea who was chatting with the aforementioned maid, she had a bright smile and a beautiful face and the way she talked anyone would like to be around her no wonder she was liked by all, this was the same person Jade had bumped into this morning.

Jade looked down at herself she was just a silly girl who needed a job because her father had passed away from sickness, and her mother had succumbed to her deteriorating health shortly after the birth of her youngest brother, and with her little siblings she had to do something to earn money, she ran into Rong Pei in the market knocking down the things the old maid held, Jade apologised to her helping her pick up her things, Rong Pei noticed how thin she was and asked her if she was alright Jade of course smiled brightly and said she was struggling a bit with earning money but she was all good other than that, so Rong Pei asked if she knew household work and when Jade nodded she took the girl back to the Wudu Palace.

She was surprised the palace wasn't luxurious but it was humongous, she got lost often but she quickly rose to the ranks with her bright personality and the ability to handle difficult situations, she became Rong Pei's right-hand in a short amount of time, there weren't many who could work under Aunt Rong Pei who was strict and fair but since Souxin was away she needed someone to help her and Jade was just like Souxin, their behaviours were similar and so she was sent to serve as a maid to Water Master's Main Hall.

That was the first time Jade saw the infamous Water Master. She had entered to serve tea for a guest called Wind Master who was supposedly Water Master's best friend. When she entered the main hall for the first time, she noticed it was dark covered in shades of blue, the curtains were light blue as well. A female sat at the right side, she was very beautiful, and her long black hair and cyan orbs, which were so bright and welcoming, looked around with excitement.