Ch: 27 (Dessert makes everyone happy)

Wudu Palace

Wudu Palace

Water Master came back home as literally the entire palace fussed over her. Rong Pei won't let her eating anything other than what the doctors prescribed. Souxin made sure she was by her side all the time. Yìfēi visited her everyday for a few hours, she still had to go back to the Martial Hall for work along with Xiàn Fèng who visited the Wudu Palace for the first time saying it was very calm here albeit too quiet but calm. Jīnyú trained hard as Water Master instructed him from far away, things have finally started to settle slowly, officials were busy helping people who lost their homes and the injured were being treated for the past fifteen days.

ShuîYuê wasn't asked to help with anything at all saying she needed rest, but she still helped Yìfēi with what she could. She had offered offerings to Sanbao's grave.

ShuîYuê was in her study, sitting by the lap table reading scrolls, since she couldn't help with the aftermath of the battle physically, she took to helping others by doing the reading work, she couldn't write but she could go through scrolls for Xiàn Fèng and Yìfēi and ease their burdens, she was marking the correction with her left hand as Jade entered her study with a tea tray in hand, she took care of the oral medicines for her while Souxin helped her with the ointments, Jade placed the tea tray gingerly on the side table. "What would you like Master?" She asked softly.

"Lavender, no sweeteners and stepped for ten minutes." ShuîYuê responded, circling another word of Yìfēi's rescue plan for the elders.

Jade set the tea to steep as she waited, looking around the study with interest, it was her third time coming here, the room was big, with bookshelfs holding many of the books and scrolls, a clean bundle of papers laying around ready to be used when needed, there was also an incense burner to Water Master's lap table's left which smelled of lavender and sandalwood, the curtains were drawn apart as sunlight lit up the room, the study was simple with less furniture, there was less furniture in the entire Wudu Palace, no unnecessary things were being hoarded in the palace, six flower vases were spreading their sweet floral smell in the study, as Water Master worked.

Jade's eyes landed back on the person in the room, who was focused on the scrolls in front of her, she had gotten thin because of losing blood and acquiring such life threatening injuries, her head injury had healed but there was a red mark there which was covered in medicine, she no longer had to wear supports for her ribcage anymore but her wrist was going to take a few weeks to get better, she had started being able to pick up light things like paper and small flowers but nothing more than that, not to mention the huge long cut on her right arm which had to be stitched often as the stitches broke quite easily.

Jade had been unfortunate enough on one of the mornings to walk in on Doctor Wen stitching Water Master's arm. She couldn't stand the sight of so much blood and pain while her Master didn't even look bothered in the slightest. Doctor Wen however was very crossed about having to stitch ShuîYuê's arm for the fifth time, he had told her to be careful about her arm and this girl never slept straight, Water Master had a bad habit of sleeping on her sides and due to the heavy medicines she was having to consume she slept like a log and this lead to her sometimes changing sides in her sleep and sleeping on her right arm which caused the stitches to break and the bedsheets to be stained red.