Ch: 21 (Nightmares in daylight )

North Gates

ShuîYuê fought Yông Zìxìn bravely, he was far better than her when it came to fighting, his attacks were precise and powerful, she wasn't as experienced as him but she was powerful non the less, she attacked him fiercely and defended herself she was injured badly, her robes were torn and the jewellery she worn had fallen into pieces here and there, she had a huge cut on her arm which was bleeding profusely, she could see black spots in her vision and a evident lack of energy in her body.

But the man in front of her wasn't fine either he was covered in various cuts too but he wasn't backing down so ShuîYuê continued fighting him, he tried to attack her from behind but fell back brutally injuring himself.

Water Master's moon shield was no joke, he got back up running towards her at full speed with his axe, ShuîYuê tried holding him back but he was too strong for her moonshield he swung his axe at her, 'He'll kill me if I don't kill him.' she thought.

Zìxìn was fine, he didn't have much injuries other than a few minor cuts and his back hurt badly as he had collided with the wall breaking a few bones, 'I need to end it here, this fight dragged on for long enough, I need to enter the palace that's what I am here for.' he thought finalising the way he'll kill her.

Yông Zìxìn swung his axe finally the girl would be dead, she had put up a good fight against him but as he swung his axe instead of a scream he heard a clanking noise, a silver trident blocked his axe it had a single gemstone in the center which Zìxìn didn't bother knowing the name of.

She pushed him back with her trident. It was very powerful Zìxìn felt that when he fell back, this was no simple weapon but the spiritual weapon of an elemental master.

He swung his axe back at her enraged, she blocked it with the trident, Yông Zìxìn pushed her against the wall she was powerful but she didn't have any physical strength, he would have crushed her to pieces if she didn't have that trident.

"You won't last long, Little girl." he hissed in anger.

"We'll see." she spat back just as angrily.

Yông Zìxìn was losing his mind right now he wanted to do so many things, but this girl kept blocking him so he attacked her once again but this time his axe in his right hand while he hid a knife in his left one, he would injure her with his left hand as she would block his axe with the trident, he attacked wanting to end this little game but he didn't expect his axe to be thrown out of his hand as the knife he attacked with was right in front of her stomach, he tried to push it in but it wouldn't move, something invisible was blocking his attacks, and as he tried to push the knife more a wave like glimmer of silver pushed his knife back from his hand, he looked back at the girl who heaved her trident and penetrated it in his chest.

Yông Zìxìn took a sharp breath as he felt pain in alongtime she pushed the trident in even more, applying full pressure both her hands pressing it on Yông Zìxìn's chest as he lied on the ground, he could feel the sharp teeth of her trident penetrate his thick metal armour and into his chest,
the little girl had put all her weight to the trident, he closed his eyes as he saw a little boy being beaten and abused naked by older men, he opened his eyes as he grabbed her hand tightly she looked in his eyes before screaming in pain he snapped her wrist, he pushed the girl back who fell backwards like a doll being thrown, General Yông Zìxìn's screams echoed in the South Gates as he pulled the trident out of his chest, throwing it away he tried to get up but fell down his eyes blurring as he breathed in pain.

The girl was injured badly too she lied on the ground barely able to move when Wind Master saw her she ran to ShuîYuê cradling her in her arms. "YueYue don't worry, I am here," she said softly, "Who did this to you?" she added worried.

ShuîYuê pointed towards the man lying on the ground who was trying to get up, Wind Master flicked her fan gracefully a death attack for him to suffer but the same black smoke appeared again engulfing the man who stared right back at Wind Master as she waved her fan at them, "Not this time!" she spat, the fans impact was just about to hit the man when he disappeared in the black smoke.

Wind Master cursed him before remembering ShuîYuê and running to her she shook her body, "YueYue, YueYue wake up!" But the body stayed unmoving.

Paradise Manor, Ghost realm

Paradise Manor was decorated like a new bride, red netted curtains hung around the Manor, lamps lighting the dark corridors, the kitchen was busy since early morning to prepare for the grand evening feast, commoners were dressed brightly enjoying the fair and all the delicious delicacies being sold, each person would be gifted a new set of clothes along with the dishes prepared by Paradise Manor kitchen, maids were running around the Manor rushing to finish their never ending chores, August brought with itself celebrations for ghosts, having grand feasts every evening, the wonderful and entertaining fair, Hell was the best place to be in around ghost festival day, and in the evening General Yông was going to return with ghost army victory following them, the head maid of Paradise Manor had girls prepared for General Yông's entertainment, he was more escatatic after returning from battles which he always won, not once has he lost a battle and this one was also going to be one of his victories.

A maid ran inside the main hall panting, she was clearly scared for her life, she stood in front of the drawn curtains where he sat once again building something. "Your Highness, they came back, and General Yông is injured badly!" she informed quickly. The person behind paused for a second before getting up and swiftly leaving the main hall with the maid behind him.

"Quick bring me towels and warm water!" someone ordered,

The side hall was a mess, blood covered the floor, Xià MíngLóng's cries were echoing throughout the hall, when he entered the room he first saw Bāo YànQīng
unconscious on the floor she was burnt badly, Qiū KūnLín was covered in cuts from head to toe as he held back Xià MíngLóng who was injured as well, her leg was burnt but then he saw Yông Zìxìn chief of ghost army laying on the floor as blood dripped from his chest, his clothes were torn revealing three large wounds which were deep, it was very clearly from a trident, a female barked orders at the maids her hands moving deftly covering the wound, he took a sharp breath seeing general Yông in such a condition, Xià MíngLóng crawled to his feet, "Your Highness! Look, look at Gege he isn't moving!" she cried.

And indeed Yông Zìxìn laid on the floor unconscious, not moving at all the green robed female was hurriedly making a medicine paste, maids ran in and out of the side hall, Ghost King stumbled backwards seeing his bestfriend in this horrid condition, for a while he couldn't think straight until MíngLóng's cries brought him out of his clouded thoughts.

"Apply more pressure!" she shouted
before clutching her forehead in pain, she got up from the floor and walked towards the tall man in the room, Xià MíngLóng cried by his feet. "Your Highness. I need to return back. I am being called." she voiced, the red clad man stared at her in the eye, he took calm steps towards her, who backed away in fear.

"I'll kill if you don't treat him right now." he threatened with his jaw clenched and teeth grinding in fury.

"But Jun Wu is sending messages it'll look suspicious if I don't go right now." she tried to reason.

"I don't care!" His deep voice boomed throughout the hall, "You aren't leaving before he's awake." he fumed, his bestfriend was in a very delicate condition, their sister MíngLóng was injured, YànQīng was injured, the three and the only people of his small family were hurt badly, he never expected this to happen, he couldn't cry in front of MíngLóng who was miserable and in pain, he had to stay strong to support them, he had to be strong for Zìxìn.

She went back to Yông Zìxìn trying her best to save him, 'He won't make it, he's lost too much blood already and the wound is so deep it's blocking his powers from healing himself.' she thought worried.

___________
Word count:1530