Ch: 28 (Horrid decisions)

A week later,

  A week later,

ShuîYuê's was in her Main Hall when Yìfēi busted into the room. "YueYue, you won't believe it!" she cried, panting for breath.

"Calm down, take a deep breath, and then speak." ShuîYuê calmly replied as she was reading some scrolls ( Yìfēi's job, but she had asked no no threatened ShuîYuê to do this )

"You'll lose all calm when you hear this!"  she ranted, chugging down a cup of water.

"It's not like I am not immune to you telling me terrible news." ShuîYuê claimed, circling a statement with a red inked brush.

"Emperor accepted a peace treaty offered by Ghost King." she replied, staring at YueYue, who stopped correcting the statements in the scrolls. The second Yìfēi's words made sense.

"What peace treaty?" she questioned, confused.

"Apparently Ghost King had sent him a peace treaty, few days ago which Jun Wu accepted on some condition without telling anyone not even asking for the officials opinion and accepted it." Yìfēi answered, pinching the bridge of her nose irritated and tired.

"What's the condition?" ShuîYuê asked, worried.

"Jun Wu said that Ghost king could come to the Heavens only if he came here with four people including himself, none of them would fight each other." Yìfēi explained.

"As if they would not fight." ShuîYuê scoffed, shaking her head.

"I mean, aren't things bad as it is, that he accepted the peace treaty, we are still recovering from the ghost festival day battle, and now this!" Wind Master complained, in disbelief.

"Seriously, what is the Emperor even thinking nowadays!" ShuîYuê glowered as Yìfēi agreed with her every word.

They were summoned to the martial hall once again to discuss, Jun Wu sat unbothered once again as the four elementals bowed to him. "Chéng Huá is coming to Heavens in a few days, so make preparations accordingly." he ordered simply, as if his relative was visiting the Heavens instead of the most feared Ghost King to ever exist in the history of Heaven and Hell alike.

"Your Majesty, but what's the exception that he won't cause trouble here?" Xiàn Fèng inquired, worried.

"I am here. What trouble will he think of causing?" Jun Wu snorted in an arrogant tone, the elementals knew it would be no use saying anything to him, so they kept quiet and left.

Outside the Martial Hall

"Ghost King is going to be staying in the side palace, so we have to make arrangements accordingly." Shù Zìrán uttered unbothered.

"Earth Master, seriously are you not worried about him coming here at all?" Yìfēi asked in disbelief.

"Yes, it's not like a relative is visiting." Xiàn Fèng agreed, backing up Yìfēi.

Shù Zìrán stared at ShuîYuê who was staring back at her face expressionless, 
"It's his Majesties order We should all follow it." Earth Master replied simply, Xiàn Fèng groaned in annoyance while Yìfēi rolled her eyes.

"Earth Master is right." ShuîYuê agreed, Earth Master looked shocked while Yìfēi and Xiàn Fèng looked like they had seen a ghost.

"Earth Master please make arrangements accordingly and let us know if we can help with anything." ShuîYuê spoke bowing her head and leaving. Yìfēi and Xiàn Fèng followed after her as Earth Master stared at her in suspicion.

Wudu Palace

ShuîYuê walked in her side hall to find it brimming with gifts, she narrowed her eyes glancing at the many things covering the side hall. "What's all this Souxin?" She questioned looking at the maid who dismissed a group of maids before walking over to her Master.

"Junior officials have sent gifts to all senior officials and elemental masters, Master." Souxin answered.

ShuîYuê glanced at the gifts. "You know who sent what?"

"Yes."

"Return them all back." ShuîYuê told walking away as Souxin sighed.

In the evening when ShuîYuê entered the side hall her eyes noticed a box of something. "Souxin!" She called the maid who ran towards her.

"Yes, Master?"

"I told you to send everything back, what's this?" She questioned pointing to the box,

Souxin gulped nervously. "Master, civil official Wen Jie has sent you many gifts."

"Tell her if she needs something she can be straightforward about it, there's no need to waste money on stupid gifts." ShuîYuê told sternly.

"Master actually Miss Yú accepted this box on your behalf." Souxin informed avoiding eye contact with her Master.

ShuîYuê clicked her tongue in annoyance,
"What's in it?" She questioned.

"It's a rare fur coat."

"Yìfēi has plenty of fur coats."

"This one is from a white fox of Changan." Souxin mentioned as ShuîYuê opened the box to find a beautiful snow white fur coat, the material was soft against her fingers and very light in weight, no wonder Yìfēi wanted it.

"Return this, Miss Chun will have good quality coats ready by winter." ShuîYuê ordered closing the box.

"Miss Yú already thanked civil official Wen Jie on your behalf." Souxin said bowing her head as ShuîYuê shot her a glare.

"The amount of times I have told you to keep these things out of Yìfēi's sight!" ShuîYuê snapped noticing some of the maids looking in their direction, she composed herself taking a deep breath.
"Nevermind, I don't want to see any gifts from any officials in Wudu Palace, if they have way too much money to waste ask them to feed the poor," ShuîYuê told sharply as Souxin nodded her head. "Yìfēi, tell her I want her in my study, now."

________________________________
Authors note duty on MíngLóng:

Hello everyone!! It's my first time speaking to you all, I am Xià MíngLóng, MíngLóng is my name, and I'm glad to meet you and make friends!! We ghosts shall arrive in Heaven soon, hope those Heaven people will welcome us warmly, aside from this our author wants to know what chapter length do you guys prefer, like longer chapter will be around 2000- 2500 words or shorter chapters which will be around 1000 to 1500 ? We'll be glad to know your preference,

Have a good day. Bye-bye 👋

Word count: 1000