Chapter 23

-Haerin pov-

-the day before the annual office dinner-

I'm glad that she didn't disappear again for a few days. But still, she started disappearing back the day before the annual office dinner and tomorrow is the day. I hope she shows up. Well, she has to show up because she is the most important person in the company.

She left me yesterday with a note and it was written 'please don't come to that annual dinner. -Minji'

What will happen if I come ? Should I follow what she told me? but dad wants me to be there too. well, he wants us all there too even Mom and Hyein will be there too, but why doesn't Minji want me there?

-

-the day 6.45pm-

Minji hasn't shown up since yesterday, I think I'm going to dinner with Hyein. Mom and dad will go together. They are both very sweet even though they are old. I wonder , will Minji and I end up like them? Haha I think it's not :/

Dad needs to be there before 7 , he went there first with mom. only Hyein and I are still at home , we plan to go there a little later. Will Minji be there too? Is she'll be mad at me  if she know that I still go there?

I'm a little nervous now because we're going there now. I don't know why i am fucking nervous. What would i do if i see Minji ? Should i hug her or give her a kiss ? Or ask her about...

"We're here Haerin." Hyein suddenly snapped me from my reverie.

"Uhm , yea ? Sorry ."i stuttered.

"are you ok ? You look like you saw something bad coming .what are you thinking about?" She asked me concerned .

I shook my head . "Nothing Hyein , I'm just maybe- I-i don't know . Sorry ." I don't know what to say .

"if you are sick we can go back home now. later I will tell dad that we can't come." She said rubbing my back to calm me down.

"Noo , it's okay , I'm okay . Let's go Hyein , we might be late ." I said and get out from the car .

She then followed me inside . when I entered, I started looking for the figure I really wanted to see but it seems she didn't come. so Hyein and I went to find mom and dad. They were there, talking with the some workers and some of dad's friends.

-Minji pov-

Shit , why is she still coming? I became even more panicked when I saw her. It is better for her to be at home than here, although she will be hurt if she knows me with my ex, but it will hurt her more if she sees it in front of her eyes. I have no intention of hurting her. Why did I do this? Forgive me Haerin , I have a reason why I do all this stupid think .

"Are you okay babe ?" He asked and it annoyed me . it's all his fault. damn man.

"Yes ." That's all i said .

"Don't worry love . We're just walking over there and I'll talk to your dad." Stop calling me that .

I just kept quiet because I was thinking about Haerin's reaction. I don't want her to see all these things. I will definitely be scolded by dad . I deserve it.

Then I felt him try to lean in to kiss me and I stopped him. "Stop it." I said firmly. And he really stop. Thanks to god , I don't want to feel his lips on my skin . I just only wants my wife lips on mine . Only HER .

"Okay , let's go ." He then pulling me inside . Im getting more nervous now . All eyes are on us. He kept smiling at everyone while I didn't.

I looked around and boom, our eyes met. I could see that she was holding back tears. it hurts to see her like this. Why do I just follow what this fucking shit man says?

I couldn't bear to look at her so I looked down. And yes , we are still walking towards my dad . When we were right in front of them all I did was stay silent. I can see her running out of the corner of my eye.

"Wait Haerin !!" Hyein shouted and chased after her.

I still did not dare to look up. Suddenly, He spoke, "Hi uncle or i should call you dad , I'm Park Jeongwoo. Nice to meet you ." He introduced himself to dad as he held out his hand to shake my dad's. But dad refused.

And I knew dad was staring at me. " let's go home . And you, Minji, you have to explain all these things when you get home." Dad said and started to walked out with mom.

"wooo, it didn't go as pla-" i slapped him and cut him off  before he finished his sentence.

I stared at him for a moment and walked out crying. I left him speechless.

Haerin dear , if only you know why i had to to this . I'm sorry love . I promise I'll tell you everything. Soon .

-
-
-
-
-

-a/n : poor Haerin :/