Chapter Five: Feelings

*Harry’s POV*

How does it take a few new moments together to bring all the old memories rushing back? I didn’t want them back, I’d forced myself not to remember her. Tamia.

Everything has changed in the time that we’ve been apart, she’s changed. Yet in the same time, she’s still that girl who I had, yet didn’t want, feelings for .

Things between myself and Lennox reminded me all too harshly of things between Tamia and I. The feelings that couldn't be acted upon because of a boyfriend, a boyfriend who is my best friend. But there's just that rush when they're around me. I'd never get either of them.

I thought I’d forgotten all about her, I had forgotten all about her. Tamia was a distant memory in a spectrum of childhood memories. Now she’s here and I don’t think I can lose her again.

She’s too persistent, I want her nowhere near me, my life is as hectic as it is, I don’t need another thing that I feel too confused about.

Yet now here we are, in McDonalds, milkshakes in our hands sat in the corner seats of the room, laughing until our stomachs hurt.

“Tell me about the boys.” Tamia says, a smile still on her face, breathing deeply after another laughter attack between the two of us.

“They’re my brothers.” I tell her simply, which was all there is to it. We spend practically everyday together, and yet, the days where there is no need to be together, we are. I think the day I auditioned for the X Factor was the luckiest day of my life, I’ve gained brothers, I’ve gained a completely new life, fans, music. “We’re all very close, I don’t think anything could get in between our bond together.”

“But, aren’t you all mad at Niall?” This question stumps me. I hadn’t really thought that maybe Tamia knew all about us, that she saw the news, she saw stories painted across newspapers about my “womanizing” ways, that she knew all about Lennox and Niall’s latest scandal.

“I’m not.” I tell her, “But, I’m pretty sure I’m the only one to have had contact with them.” Tamia moves closer towards me in her seat, clearly interested in what I’m telling her, finally telling her the story of what’s been happening between the two of them. “I was the one who booked the plane ticket and dropped Lennox off at the airport, and Niall told me about his plan.”

“Why you?”

“Probably because I’d be the only one to understand why he did it.” I conclude. I’d asked the question myself many times over, why didn’t he tell Zayn, our go-to guy for advice, or Liam, who we view as the sensible one. Why Harry? Why me? But I always knew why deep down. Tamia cocks her head to the side in questioning and I shrug. “I can fall for girls easily, and Ni knows that, I can completely understand his relationship with Lennox. The other’s wouldn’t understand their need to get away from everything, Niall’s protecting Lenn, she doesn’t handle the publicity side of our jobs very well. So, yeah, they’re angry because they don’t understand why they’d run away like that.”

“Where are they?” A grin spreads out on my face, shaking my head.

“Sorry Tam, can’t tell you that.” I tell her. “Because I don’t know where they are.”

*Tamia’s POV*

I don’t know where they are

I’d reached a dead-end. A complete full-stop in my job. And I found myself being happier than I ever had before, if Harry didn’t know where they were, then I didn’t have to do any more, now I could just be Tamia, Harry’s old best friend, I don’t have a secret vendetta, I don’t need to do anything.

I can just be me.

“You know you said there was a girl who you couldn’t get?” I begin, finally asking him something that I’d realised throughout our time together, his smile just that little bit brighter when she’s mentioned. “Is it Lennox?” His smile fades, his hold on his milkshake slacking and his hands go down to his lap, his eyes no longer reaching mine. Instantly, I know it is her. The one who he can’t be with. He can’t be with Lennox because she’s with Niall, she’s ran away with Niall, she loves Niall.

“Am I that see through?” he asks, his voice low and his stare at me is hard.

“To me, maybe.” I smile, trying to get him to return it. “Look, I could say keep faith and hope that one day it could happen between you two, but honestly, if Niall and Lennox ever broke up, would you ever really actually act on your feelings? It would be betraying your friendship to Niall.” Harry turns pale, probably because he knows I’m right.

I can’t help but feel terrible in my stomach. Here he was, falling for a girl who didn’t love him back.

“There will be the right girl for you, I just... I think Niall and Lennox are meant to be.”

I know all too well how he feels, the pain in your gut, knowing that the person you like, like more than you didn’t realise was possible, doesn’t, and will never like you back. Stuck there, and if anything could happen, it would never be possible. Harry’s stuck in a never-ending loophole of sadness and hope. Hoping that somehow they could find a way to like you back, that somehow in this world of confusion and disillusion, someone so perfect for you in your eyes, feels the same way.

Yet, if they ever did. Everything would just end in destruction of friendships and tears. 

*

Hmmm... I now realise why this is so hard to write sometimes.

It's sad times liking someone who doesn't lke you back.

Also, it's weird that you take personal feelings and emotions and put them into your own writing (BY THE WAY: I do NOT fancy my best friend's boyfriend, but my situation is quite similar to Harry's...)

Yeah, sorry it's taken me so long to write anything, from a play that means I can't even do homework, stressful exams that count towards my whole future and a boy who doesn't like me back. I've had absolutely no motivation or divine inspiration to want to sit at a keyboard and type... 

Can I have 15 votes and 5 comments for the next update?

BYEEEEE!

ps feel free to message me about anything, I like friends :) you can even ask about my boy troubles if you're interested... I'd actually tell anyone about it :L

BYEEE (part 2)