92

Cat paced worriedly around her room

Cat paced worriedly around her room. She had minutes before realized that her period was almost a full month late. Now she was just panicking. She didn't entity know how to feel. She didn't know if she actually was or not. She hadn't taken a test yet. She was still worried about what if she is.

They were still in high school! How would the boys react? Would they leave her? Would she/they have the money to take care of a child this young? How would things go? Is everything going to be okay?

It was starting to get hard for Cat to breathe. She stopped in place, putting her arms over her head, and taking deep and slow breaths. After taking in a few breaths, she went and sat at her desk and stared at her phone. Should she call and tell them that her period is late?

"No... no... no..." she muttered to herself. "I-I wouldn't want to worry then in case it's just a false alarm."

She thought about what to do. She knew who she should go to, Tory. But first, she needed to get to a store and buy a test. She knew she was too distracted to take her skateboard and it was too far to just walk. She thought for a couple more minutes then picked up her phone.

Ring... ring... ri-

"Hello?"

"Hey, Miggy," Cat said. "Are you doing anything?"

"No, just watching TikTok."

"Great."

"Hm?"

"I need a ride somewhere. No questions asked."

"..."

"Please..."

"Okay," Miguel said. "I'll ask to borrow a car."

The call ended and Cat started getting ready while she waited to hear back from Miguel. She didn't have to wake long until he sent her a text saying he was on his way. She finished getting ready and left her apartment. She got outside just as Miguel pulled up in Johnny's van.

"Hey, Cat," Miguel said as she got in.

"Hey, Miggy," Cat said as she buckled up.

"So where to?"

Cat gave him the address to the store she wanted to go to. It was about a block away from Tory's place. She was just getting a ride to the store then she was going to have Miguel leave then she'd buy what she needed then she'd walk to Tory's.

For a short time, the drive was quiet. "So... uh," Miguel said. "Why'd you need the ride exactly? Don't you just usually take your skateboard everywhere?"

"I said no questions asked," Cat said, somewhat teasingly. "But, I just need to go to the store, and, uh, I couldn't take my board, so yeah."

"Why not?"

"Miggy..."

"Okay, okay."

It was silent for a moment.