43

Cat was on her way to Sam's house

Cat was on her way to Sam's house. Sam had invited her over for some pool party thing that involved the Miyagi-do and Eagle Fang. Sam invited Cat a little last minute since she's technically not part of either dojo. But, Sam thought it was best to invite her. Partly because Sam didn't want to be the only girl there, and partly because they're all friends.

Cat got to the house and knocked on the door. Sam opened it moments later. Turns out Cat was the first one there.

"Hey, Cattrina," Sam said.

"Hi, Sam," Cat said.

"Don't you have a bathing suit?" Sam asked, noticing that Cat wasn't wearing a bathing suit and had nothing but her phone with her.

Cat shook her head. "No. I haven't been to a pool since I was like 13."

"Then what was your plan?"

Cat shrugged. "To just sit to the side I guess."

"That just won't do. Come on," Sam grabbed Cat's hand. "I think I might have something that would fit." Sam dragged Cat to her room and started digging through her dresser. Cat sat on the bed watching her. "Here," Sam finally said, holding out a couple of different bathing suit options.

"I'm not sure, Sam. I'm fine just not getting into the water," Cat said. "I'm wearing shorts so I can like still put my feet in, so it's not like I'm missing much anyway."

"Oh come on. It's not going to be as fun," Sam said. "What's the problem anyway, Cattrina?"

"I don't know. I mean it's going to be like 20 guys. And I don't think I've ever shown that much skin in public before. And you know how guys are. I just... I don't know."

"Oh come on Cat. Why not show off that body of yours for once? So what if there's a lot of guys, it doesn't matter. Be the queen you are, girl."

"Fiiiine," Cat sighed, taking the bathing suits. She picked one and then went into Sam's bathroom. She walked out of the bathroom after changing. Cat already felt self-conscious and it was just Sam.

"Oh my god," Sam said

"That bad?" Cat asked.

"Bad? No, you look great, Cat."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure, Cattrina. Now come on, the others will be here any minute."

"Okay."

The two girls, both in bathing suits, went downstairs. The two girls were on their way to the outside where the pool was to wait for the boys, they saw Sam's mom.

"Well, aren't you two pretty," Mrs. Lorusso said.

"Thanks, mom," Sam said.

"Thanks," Cat said, still feeling self-conscious.

While Sam and Cat sat by the pool the others showed up. Cat was sitting on a pool chair with a towel over her lap, holding it against herself. Sam was sitting at the edge of the pool in front of Cat with her feet in.

"Come on, Cat. Aren't you going to get in?" Demetri asked. It's been almost a half hour and she was still in the same spot as when they all got there.

"I'm good here," Cat said. Some people booed her. She just rolled her eyes.

"Come on," Miguel said. "Have some fun!"

"Oh, I'm having a great time here."

"Boooooooring!" Hawk drew out the word.

Cat rolled her eyes and threw a beachball at Hawk's head. It bounced off his mohawk, and she laughed.

Cat was sipping on a drink and had just set it down when she felt a pair of arms hook under hers while another grabbed her ankles/feet. She was lifted into the air by Migeul and some other guy whose name she doesn't remember seeing as they've barely ever interacted. They carried her over to the pool as Cat protested.

"No, don't! Don't you dare!" Cat protested. "I will end both of you! Put me down right now!"

"If you say so," the guy said as he and Miguel dropped Cat into the pool.

She squeezed her eyes shut before hitting the water. She didn't want her colored eye contacts to come out. That was one reason that she was a bit hesitant about getting into the water. The main other reason was her being self-conscious.

Cat resurfaced. She glared at the two boys as she pulled herself out of the pool. "You're so dead," she said, pointing at them. The boys stopped laughing.

"I'm sorry," Miguel said, putting his hands up.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it, Diaz."

Cat quickly swept the one guy, making him fall into the pool. She then chased after Miguel. Danial yelled at them not to run as he came out to bring some snacks for everyone. Cat jumped on Miguel's back, causing them to fall into the pool.

Later, Cat was floating in between Demetri and Hawk. Occasionally, Demetri said something sarcastic and snarky, so Cat splashed him. The three spent time joking around and splashing each other.

(826 words. Whatcha think?)