15

Cat was on her way to hang out with Demetri, Eli, Miguel, Aisha, and whoever else might have been invited

Cat was on her way to hang out with Demetri, Eli, Miguel, Aisha, and whoever else might have been invited. She was late because her track meet ran late and she had to go back to her apartment to change. When she approached them she could hear they were talking about something.

"The fact is, Sam's given you no reason not to trust her," Demetri said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Miguel said.

"Oh, hey, Cat," Hawk said, being the first to notice her. Cat waved and everyone else greeted her. She sat on the back of the bench next to Aisha.

"Oh! That little bitch," Aisha said, looking at her phone.

"What?" Miguel asked.

"You know that video I posted of me breaking that board?"

"Yeah."

"Look what Yasmine commented," Aisha showed everyone the rude comment that Yasmine left on the post. The comment said 'Impressive... can't believe the belt made it around your waist'.

"Oh, shit."

"I gotta do something."

"How about we kidnap her," Hawk started. "And have my boy Rico tattoo 'bitch' on her face?"

"Calm down, Hawk," Demetri said.

"All right I hear how you're saying it, and I don't like it," Hawk said. Cat put her hand on his shoulder, calming him down a little.

"Wait, wait, wait," Aisha said. "I've got a better idea. Look." She showed everyone her phone, showing Yasmin's store saying she's having a party at the canyon at 5. It was VIP only.

"Yasmine's throwing a birthday party at the canyon later?" Miguel asked.

"Of course, it's VIP only," Cat muttered just loud enough to be heard.

"Not if we strike first."

"Hell yeah," Hawk said.

—----

Cat was at the small shop/gas station (I don't remember what it is) with the others as they all got ready for the party at the canyon. She watched as Eli went up to the counter with beer. He sat it down and tried to act as casually as possible.

"Sup. Oh, did you catch the game last night? See Puig with the walk-off?" Hawk asked.

"Nah, man, but I heard he flipped the bat to the moon," the guy behind the register said.

"Yeah, I was at the bar with my buddies from work.whole place went wild."

"I wanted to go, but my girlfriend dragged me to some lame-ass play."

"Bitches will be bitches," Hawk said. Cat rolled her eyes a little as she faced away, looking at random stuff.

"Yeah," the guy nodded.