59

Johnny wanted to take Robby on some father-son bonding trip. Something about making memories together. Robby said he'd only go if he could bring Cat with him.

"What does she have to do with any of this?" Johnny asked.

"She's been there for me whenever no one else was," Robby said. "She's like a sister to me. If you're taking me on a bonding trip, she needs to be there too. You're not exactly her favorite person, so you two need to bond as well."

Johnny sighed. "Fine. You can invite her."

Robby invited Cat on the trip and she agreed. She could use a vacation. She didn't have to worry about work because she has like 3 months of vacation days for her one job, two of her jobs are commission jobs, and she was fired from her other job. It was the job that she missed out on part of the tournament for. Her shift had ended and she was going to leave to go see the rest of the tournament, but her boss wanted her to stay and work a double. She said no and instantly got fired.

—----

Johnny walked out of a gas station and back to the van where Robby and Cat were

Johnny walked out of a gas station and back to the van where Robby and Cat were. "Got us some choice supplies for the next leg of our road trip," he said. "Mexican cokes."

"I think here they're just cokes," Robby said.

"Mexican candy. Chicharrones. And just picked up this badass cell phone. It's got 60 minutos on it. That's like 300 American minutes."

"Don't think that's how that works," Cat said, but was ignored by Johnny.

"And I got a little something to say 'welcome to Mexico," Johnny said to Robby and pulled out a bobblehead dog with a sombrero out of one of the bags handing it to Robby. "And don't tell me it's offensive. We bought it in Mexico. It was their idea. And here. Gift number two." He handed Robby a shirt that said FBI on one side. "Turn it around."

Robby turned it and the other side said 'female body inspector'. He found it kinda amusing. Cat thought it was kinda gross, but whatever she assumes maybe it's a little funny.

"Isn't that great? I got one for me too," Johnny said. "Oh and I got you some sunglasses," he took a pair of sunglasses out of a bag and handed them to Cat.

"Uh, thanks," Cat said. She actually kinda appreciated it because her colored contacts got dirty like 300 miles ago, so she hasn't been able to wear them.

"So what are we actually doing here?" Robby asked. "And don't say it's a bonding thing. We could've done that 500 miles ago."

"All right look," Johnny said. "This is a bonding thing. There's just something we have to take care of first."

They were now on the road. Johnny was driving, Robby in the passenger seat, and Cat in the back.