14

Robby showed up at Cat's apartment to hang out

Robby showed up at Cat's apartment to hang out. It was something they had planned the night before, but what wasn't planned was how early he showed up. He knocked on the door and a few moments later the door was opened by an annoyed/sleepy Cat.

"Hey, Catty," Robby said. He held up two coffee drinks and a bag of food from the nearby coffee shop.

"Hey, Robz," Cat muttered, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Cat turned and stepped to the side. Robby walked in and she closed the door behind him. They both walked over to the kitchen counter. Robby set the stuff he was holding down and they both sat down. Robby slid Cat her drink and opened the bag of food as Cat drank her drink.

The two ate the food Robby got them and they drank their drinks. Robby was telling her about his time with the Larusso. She just listened, getting life from her drink.

"So he took you out into the woods to do karate? Then he had you do karate on a fallen tree?" Cat recapped.

"Yup," Robby nodded.

"I guess that could be pretty good for balance practice," Cat muttered as she took a bite of her food.

"Yeah, I almost got hurt a couple of times, but nothing too bad," Robby shrugged.

"Yeah, but it's not as dangerous as what I heard about your dad's karate training."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, from what I've heard from my friends, he took them to a junkyard. Then he released the guard dogs on them after giving them beef jerky. One of the dogs even bit my friend's ass."

"Oh my god," Robby chuckled a little. "My dad really doesn't care about safety."

—----

Cat sat at her desk, typing away at her computer, occasionally writing stuff down in a notebook. This was for one of her jobs. Robby stood behind her looking over her shoulder. He didn't understand anything that she was doing.

"Soo, what are you doing exactly?" Robby asked.

Cat rolled her eyes and kept typing away. "I'm doing my job. Well, one of them." Her hands left the keyboard just long enough to brush a strand of her hair out of her face.

"Which is?" he asked as he sat down on her bed, which was right next to the desk.

Cat wrote something in her notebook before setting down her pencil and turning to look at Robby. "I'm working as a part-time software engineer," she explained. "So essentially, I create and implement software programs. And I'm working on getting a cybersecurity job, too."

"Who's hiring a teenager to do that?" Robby asked with a curious look.

"People who don't know my true age," Cat smirked. "I made your fake documents. You think I can't make my own?" she asked as she turned back to her computer.

"No, of course, you can, Catty. But how do you make such legitimate-looking stuff?"

"Well, my aunt's ex-boyfriend's a cop, and one of the last times when I was visiting they were just getting together. I was at the station with him because I had to answer some questions. He also wanted me to put in a good word for him to my aunt as if she cares about anything I have to say. Anyway, I was left alone because of some big emergency thing, and may have taken a couple of things..." Cat pulled back a sheet thing that was covering part of under her desk.

"You stole from a police station?" Robby asked through a laugh.

"Yeah, it was right after my parents' accident and I was just angry with the world and thought it owed me anything I wanted," she said as she went back to typing.

"So you became a klepto?"

Cat rolled her eyes, took her hands away from the keyboard, and looked over at Robby. "I took some stuff from a police station. I didn't go on a stealing spree. Plus, now I can make legitimate things, well practically legitimate things. Like my fack, yet kinda real, ID." She grabbed her bag and pulled out her wallet, opened it, taking out an ID that said she was 21. "Don't tell anyone, Robz."

"My lips are sealed."

"Good. Now be quiet so I can get my work done. I have a deadline."

(729 words.)