49

Cat was over at Sam's

Cat was over at Sam's. Well, the group was there. At one point, she went to the kitchen to get a drink. Amanda, Sam's mom, was already in the kitchen.

"Well, hello, Cattrina," Amanda smiled at the girl.

"Hi, Amanda," Cat said. Amanda had told her to call her that instead of Mrs. Larusso. It might be odd, but Cat actually preferred Amanda over Sam.

"Can I get you a drink? Water? Tea? Juice?"

"Water is fine."

Amanda nodded and got her a glass of water.

"Thanks," Cat said and took a drink from the glass. She set the glass on the counter. "I, uh, I actually wanted to ask you about something." Cat scratched the back of her neck anxiously.

"What is it?" Amanda asked kindly.

"I uh, I was wondering if you could help me get in contact with a therapist," Cat asked quietly.

"Uh, yeah, I will," Amanda said. "Is it okay if I ask why?"

"Uh, it's just that since I got back into doing karate a lot of... stuff has resurfaced," Cat said. "You know because of all the stuff with my parents years ago."

Amanda nodded. "Okay. I'll help you get in contact with someone. I'll even take care of the coast for you."

"You don't have to do all of that."

"I know. I want to help."

"Thanks, Amanda."

"Of course, Cattrina."

"You can call me Cat. If you want to."

Amanda smiled. "Okay, Cat. I'll talk to people and get you the information tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Now, go have fun with the other kids."

Cat nodded. She picked up her drink and went back to where everyone else was.

(276 words.)