60

It was the next morning after getting Miguel home. Carmen let Cat sleep on the couch because it was late when they got back. She would just skateboard home in the morning. Yeah, she had it with her because you never know.

When Cat woke up Miguel was cooking and his mom was getting ready for work, and his grandma was at the table. Cat sat up and scratched. She pulled her hair back into a messy bun.

"Breakfast is served," Miguel said as he placed plates down for his mom and grandma

"This is so sweet," Carman said.

His grandma founded over him in Spanish.

"Oh stop it, mama. He'll think he can run away, come back, and get all the love he wants."

"Uh, yeah. He can," she said in Spanish.

"Don't worry," Miguel said. "I'm never doing something like that again. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry to Miggy," Carman said. "I should've told you the truth about how I left your father."

"You did it for me. I understand that now."

"Oh, how can you stay mad at him? You just can't," Miguel's grandma said in Spanish.

"And if he runs away again, I'll kick his ass for you," Cat said as she walked over from the couch.

"Good morning to you, too, Cat," Miguel said. "You hungry? I can make you food too."

Cat looked at the food and it didn't look the best, plus she wasn't hungry, "I'm good, but thanks," she said. She leaned against the counter.

Miguel nodded.

"Carman, you have such goddess vibes right now," Cat said.

"I'm not sure what that means, but thank you?" Carmen said unsure.

"Sorry, I'm late," Johnny said as he walked into the apartment. "Graffiti's a bitch to clean off. You should see my van. It should be illegal to deface someone else's property like that."

"It is," Carman said.

"Oh, this looks different," Johnny said, referring to the plate in front of him.

"Yeah, I made it," Miguel said. "Oh, I forgot the orange juice. Uh, one second."

While Miguel stepped away Carman asked Johnny about Robby. He explained things are good, but he thinks it's going to take time for Robby and Miguel to work through their shit.

Miguel came back to the table and his grandma asked him a question in Spanish. "Oh, Miguel, are you going to visit your girlfriend? I bet she misses you."

Yeah," Miguel said. "I think I need to make Sam an apology meal too."

Carmen got up and walked off to the bathroom and coughing could be heard.