17

Cat knocked on the door of an apartment

Cat knocked on the door of an apartment. She was holding a couple of grocery bags. The door soon opened to reveal Tory.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you," Tory said as she quickly hugged Cat.

"Of course, Tory," Cat said quietly. Tory was very busy but needed to buy groceries, so Cat offered to pick them up for her after work.

"Come in, Kitty," Tory stepped to the side as she let Cat in. Cat walked in and set the groceries on the table. "Again, thank you. You're such a help."

"Anytime, Tory. You've helped me out, too. I don't mind at all," Cat smiled. "Where's your brother?"

"His room."

Cat nodded.

"Do you wanna stay for dinner? You know as a thank you," Tory offered.

"Uh, yeah, sure," Cat shrugged. "I don't have any plans for the rest of the day."

Cat spent the rest of the evening at Tory's. She helped her make dinner, which was delicious, then helped get her brother ready for bed. After that, the two girls just hang out for a while. They talked about life, hobbies, and whatnot. They just enjoyed each other's company for a time. They didn't have to worry about their jobs, bills, or anything else.

It was late and Cat was getting ready to leave, but when she looked out the window she saw it was raining. "Damn," she muttered. It seemed like the rain was getting heavier by the second.

Tory looked at Cat, then glanced outside. She noticed the rain. "You, uh, you can stay here tonight if you want. We work together tomorrow, so we could just walk together."

Cat looked over at Tory. "You sure?"

"Yeah. You shouldn't have to walk in that rain."

"Thanks, Tory."

"Of course, Kitty."

The two girls got ready for bed and lay next to each other in Tory's bed. They ended up talking until they both fell asleep.

(322 words. Whatcha think about Cat and Tory as friends? Both are young and have to provide for themselves. They work together and see each other all the time. They even give each other a hand when they can.)