32

Cat walked into school with her newly dyed hair

Cat walked into school with her newly dyed hair. She had done it the night before. As she walked to her locker she could see Hawk watching her from the side of her eye. What she didn't know was how hurt he was. The two of them had dyed their hair for the first time together and the last time too (aka the only two times they've dyed their hair before now). He just wished she would talk to him.

Cat was at her locker when Demetri, whose locker was next to hers, walked over. "Hey, Cat," he said.

"Hey, D," Cat said. She closed her locker and slung her bag over her shoulder. "Need help?" she asked as Demetri struggled with his locker and stuff. Ya know since his arm is in a cast.

"No, no. I think I got it," Demetri said. He then fumbled and dropped the books and notebooks he was holding.

Cat crouched down and picked the stuff up for him. "Here," she put the stuff in his backpack like he was trying to do.

"Thanks, Cat."

"I'm happy to help anytime, Dem."

Demetri nodded and closed his locker.

—-

Cat walked into class with Demetri. She could see Hawk out of the side of her eye. The three all had the class together. Usually, Cat sat next to Eli, but she hadn't sat next to him since what he did to Demetri. Cat and Demetri went to the farthest part of the class from Hawk and sat next to each other.

Hawk's eyes were stuck on Cat as soon as she walked into the room. He watched her walk along with Demetri and sit next to him. Even after class started, Hawk couldn't help but stare at Cat and Demetri.

Cat and Demetri kept whispering things to each other. Sometimes it was about the class work, but sometimes it was about comic books and other shared interests. After finishing their classwork, they just joked around a bit.

(332 words.)