65

(lyrics from google)

Cat was in her room working on a programming job

Cat was in her room working on a programming job. She had music playing. She hummed along to the different songs as she typed and wrote stuff. The song that came on next sounded familiar, but that's probably just because it's her playlist. It was Just Kids by Zach Hood.

I'm losin' sleep on the west side
Lost track of time 'cause it flies by
Workin' nine 'til five and it feels like
I'm wastin' away
We're watchin' life from the side lines
Too many fake friends and deadlines
I'm losin' touch with the good life
We're takin' this way too seriously
Too seriously

She quietly sang along and bobbed her head to the beat while the song played. That's when some stuff came back into her head.

**

Music was playing from some speakers set up all around the canyon. Cat danced with Miguel as he talked about his girl problems. She was his girl bestie, so who better to talk to about girls? Cat gave the best advice she could. I mean she was drunk and didn't have much dating experience.

We're just kids tryin' to figure it out
Runnin' 'round in this lame ass town
Got 12 bucks for a couple rounds
Raise a cup, get fucked up now
Kids tryin' to figure it out
Runnin' 'round in this lame ass town
Got 12 bucks, let's get blacked out
Raise a cup, get fucked up now

After a little while, Cat went off to go find another drink. She probably didn't need another drink seeing as she was already stumbling, barely able to keep upright as she walked. She walked past Eli, Moon, Demetri, and Yasmine. The boys were making out with the girls. Cat rolled her eyes and scoffed.

Daydream of ditchin' my day job
I'm clearin' plates at the restaurant
Where people come in and get drunk
I'm wastin' away
I get nightmares that I'll be here forever
It's goin' down, let's go down together
Send my love to death, sweet Alabama
We're takin' this way too seriously
Too seriously

Cat found a cooler of alcoholic drinks under a table. She opened it, dug through it, and grabbed a beer. She downed it, and then grunted a little, throwing the empty bottle down.

We're just kids tryin' to figure it out
Runnin' 'round in this lame ass town
Got 12 bucks for a couple rounds
Raise a cup, get fucked up now
Kids tryin' to figure it out
Runnin' 'round in this lame ass town
Got 12 bucks, let's get blacked out
Raise a cup, get fucked up now

She reached back into the cooler, almost falling over. She dug through, grabbed another bottle, and popped it open. She drank from the bottle and started walking away from the cooler.

**

Cat had vaguely remembered that, but it was more vivid this time. It was said that sounds, tastes, smells, feelings, and settings could bring memories back. She shook it off and continued her work.

Cat looked through her fridge and saw some leftover alcohol. She pushed a bottle to the side to grab something from behind it. She grabbed a bag of cheese out. She accidentally knocked a bottle and it fell out of the fridge.

Cat sighed and set the cheese on the counter. She bent down and picked up the bottle, which had cracked a little when it hit the floor. She rolled her eyes as she set the bottle in the sink, so it would leek down the sink before she went and grabbed a washcloth to clean up what was already on the floor.

After finishing cleaning, she went back to what she was making. She put some chips on a plate, sprinkled cheese over the chips, then put it in her microwave. She sat on the counter while she waited. There was a vague alcohol smell from the broken bottle in the sink. The smell reminded her of something though.

**

Cat sat on the sand, staring out at the water. The waves came up about a foot away from her. She slipped off her shoes/socks and set them nearby. She slid her feet out and let the waves occasionally splash on her feet. It was cold but felt kinda nice because of the hot weather. She was in a spot she could be alone, away from everyone else, but still close enough to hear the music and vague chatter.

Cat drank from the bottle in her hand. She was already very drunk, but she didn't care. She felt spiteful and upset and wanted to drown her emotions with alcohol. Not only was it the anniversary of her parents' passing, but she also kept seeing Eli and Demetri with Moon and Yasmine.

"You okay?" she heard a familiar voice behind her. She tilted her head back to see Eli and Demetri. She almost tipped backward, the alcohol messing her balance a little.

She rolled her eyes as she drank from the bottle she was holding. She sarcastically muttered, "oh, yeah. Just peachy." As she looked out at the water again, the two boys sat on either side of her.

"What's going on, Cat?" Demetri asked.

Cat rolled her eyes again. "Oh, nothing. Nothing at allllllllll," she said. She took another swig from the bottle.

**

Cat hadn't remembered any of that until now. They must have noticed she looked upset. They had ditched their girlfriends, well now ex-girlfriends, to make sure she was okay?

Cat flinched a little as her thoughts were cut off by the microwave beeping. She shook her head and hopped off the counter. She rubbed her face a little as she walked over to the microwave. She opened it and grabbed the plate of chips and cheese.

"Fuck," She hissed almost dropping the hot plate. She quickly set it on the counter and shook her hand a little like it was going to help the sting.

Cat had been thinking about the memories she remembered from the canyon. She felt like there was something more. More than just the boys checking on her. But she couldn't think of anything. She sighed and just let it go. If it was important she's sure she'd remember or the boys would've said something to her. Right?

(1091 words. Whatcha think?)

All Cat's Are Grey In The Dark | Cobra KaiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara