|45|

E P I S O D E
45

•••••••••••••

      The loud explosions and the repeat of a trembling ground that was coming from the princesses' palace bothered Suisei and Otome to no end.  

  Everything was quiet in this side where the hall was connected to the main palace, the sounds of clicking and clacking of their heels was the only noise that reminded the walls of their existence.

"Would they be okay?" Otome worriedly asked the diamond princess. Suisei tightened her hold on Otome's hands.

"I'm not sure, whether we suffer here or not - what matters the most is that we safely get you to the other world." Suisei doesn't really know how to comfort the princess knowing fully well that Otome is someone that's emotionally intelligent - besides, Suisei is someone who needed reassurance the most. Despite her strong disposition and her power the strongest shield ever, it was rather a juxtaposition towards her personality.

  Otome could only nod in silence, biting her lips to avoid saying unnecessary things - especially since they're rather in an urgent and critical moment where they should quickly get to the throne room.

  Their way to the throne room however, will not be an easy mission as it seems.

  "I wonder where you'll be going?" Something slithered beside Suisei's ear, immediately alerting her senses. Stopping on their heels, Suisei focused on her hearing ability to pinpoint where the culprit could be hiding.

   But it proved to be difficult as numerous noises were blocking her senses to detect the enemy, straining her ears as she pushed her limits to the max. Her ears bled.

"Shinjou-sama! Your ears!" Otome panicked when she noticed the continuous flow of blood from both side of Suisei's ears.

"Shhh, i'm fine. Don't worry about me, Otome-sama."

  "Awww, playing as a knight in shining armor now i see."

  This time, the voice was awfully close - and when she finally realized where it was, it's already too late.

Whipping her head to her side, the supposedly princess was nowhere in sight anymore. The struck of realization made her blood ran cold.

  "Otome-sama!"

......

   It's over, her life is over the moment she encountered this monster. What made her think that she can fight anyone? He's way beyond her league, he has power that she could never fathom - it's the first time she had felt this amount of power combined with a lot of animosity. She could feel the depths of her stomach curl at the sheer amount of pressure.

She watched his hands raise upwards, his sword pointed at her figure - that maniacal smile proved to influence her fear even more.

  Ahhh...am i gonna die...? 

   Am I even worthy of being called a princess of Slor Kingdom? I'm not as strong like the other princesses, and they put a lot of compassion and determination into being a princess of a kingdom - they're a role model she can look up to. They never back down even at the face of a stronger enemy.