Fun Story #6: William Stryker is judged by God.

William Stryker opened his eyes and found himself standing in a bright white light. He felt a surge of joy and relief, thinking that he had finally reached heaven after his death. He looked around, expecting to see angels and saints, but instead he saw nothing but the endless radiance.

"Hello?" he called out. "Is anyone there?"

A voice boomed in his ears, shaking his very soul. "I am here, William Stryker. I am the Lord your God."

Stryker fell to his knees, overwhelmed by awe and fear. He bowed his head and said, "My Lord, I am honored to be in your presence. I have served you faithfully all my life. I have done your will, as you commanded me."

The voice thundered, "Do not lie to me, William Stryker. You have not served me. You have blasphemed against me. You have twisted my words and my laws to suit your own hatred and prejudice. You have committed unspeakable atrocities against my children, the mutants."

Stryker lifted his head, confused and defiant. "But, my Lord, they are not your children. They are the spawn of Satan, the enemies of mankind. They are abominations that must be purged from the earth. I did your work, Lord. I fought for your glory and your kingdom."

The voice roared, "You are a fool, William Stryker. You do not know me at all. You do not understand my creation or my purpose. You do not love me or worship me. You only love yourself and your own twisted vision of me. You have made me into a monster, a tyrant, a bigot. You have used my name to justify your violence and cruelty. You have made me into your image, William Stryker, and I abhor it."

Stryker felt a surge of anger and indignation. He stood up and shouted, "How dare you, Lord? How dare you accuse me of such things? I am your loyal servant, your faithful soldier. I have sacrificed everything for you. I have given up my family, my friends, my life for you. I have followed your word and your signs. You spoke to me, Lord. You showed me the way. You gave me a mission and a destiny."

The voice said, "I did not speak to you, William Stryker. I did not show you anything. I did not give you any mission or destiny. You deceived yourself, William Stryker. You listened to your own voice, your own ego, your own madness. You followed your own path, not mine. You chose evil over good, hate over love, death over life."

Stryker felt a pang of doubt and fear in his heart. He said, "No, no, it can't be true. You are lying to me, Lord. You are testing me, trying to shake my faith. But I will not falter, Lord. I will not renounce you or your cause. I will stand by you and your truth."

The voice said, "There is no truth in you, William Stryker. There is only darkness and sin. You have rejected me and my grace. You have spurned my mercy and my forgiveness. You have hardened your heart and closed your mind. You have doomed yourself to eternal damnation."

Stryker felt a cold terror grip his soul. He said, "No, no, please Lord, don't say that. Don't condemn me to hell. Don't cast me out of your presence. Don't forsake me, Lord. Have pity on me, Lord. Have mercy on me."

The voice said, "You had no pity or mercy on the mutants, William Stryker. You showed them no compassion or kindness. You tortured them and killed them without remorse or regret. You denied them their dignity and their rights as human beings and as children of God."

Stryker said, "But they are not human beings or children of God! They are monsters! They are demons! They are evil!"

The voice said, "They are human beings and children of God! They are beautiful! They are diverse! They are good! They are my beloved creation! They are part of my plan! They are part of my image!"

Stryker said, "No! No! No!"

The voice said, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Stryker screamed.

The voice said,

"Enough!

William Stryker,

You stand before me,

Guilty of murder,

Guilty of genocide,

Guilty of blasphemy,

Guilty of pride,

Guilty of hate.

You have sinned against me,

Against yourself,

Against humanity,

Against mutants.

You have wasted your life,

Your gifts,

Your potential.

You have corrupted your soul,

Your mind,

Your heart.

You have rejected my love,

My grace,

My salvation.

You have chosen your fate,

Your doom,

Your hell.

William Stryker,

You are hereby sentenced to eternal punishment.

You will suffer the pain and the torment that you inflicted on others.

You will feel the fear and the despair that you caused in others.

You will know the shame and the guilt that you ignored in yourself.

You will face the wrath and the justice that you deserve from me.

William Stryker,

Depart from me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his fallen angels.

I never knew you."

A/N: Ouch.

A/N: Honestly, if Mutants were the work of the Devil, then God would've sent the Angels. But he didn't. That's probably because God knew that the Mutants aren't the work of the Devil as William Stryker had come to believe, courtesy of his religious zealotry and fanaticism. I see William Stryker as a reminder that we shouldn't jump into conclusions and shove our opinions down to the throat of others like it's a fact. Because, in reality, humankind, in Marvel Comics, don't really know what the Mutants are.

A/N: If any of you readers are Christians, then I apologize if this offends any of you.

A/N: Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one! Please tell me your thoughts, unleash the comments, and vote. See ya 👋!