Story Idea #24: A'akuluujjusi, Inuit Creator Goddess, in Balto 2: Wolf Quest.

Balto and Aleu followed Nava, the old wolf leader, to his den. They were curious about the mysterious white wolf that had appeared in Balto's dreams and guided him to find his daughter.

"Who is she?" Aleu asked. "Is she your mate?"

Nava chuckled. "No, she is not my mate. She is much more than that. She is A'akuluujjusi, the great creator mother of all animals."

Balto and Aleu gasped. They had heard stories of A'akuluujjusi from hearing the tribes that invoke her, but they never thought they would meet her in person.

"A'akuluujjusi?" Balto repeated. "The one who made the caribou and the walrus?"

"Yes, and many more," Nava said. "She is the one who gave us our totem animals, our spirit guides. She is the one who showed me the way to the new land, where we can live in peace and harmony."

"Wow," Aleu said. "She sounds amazing."

"She is," Nava said. "And she wants to meet you."

"Us?" Balto asked. "Why?"

"Because you are special, Balto," Nava said. "You are half-wolf and half-dog, a bridge between two worlds. And you, Aleu, you have inherited your father's gift of seeing beyond what is. You both have a destiny to fulfill, a part of the grand design."

Balto and Aleu looked at each other, unsure of what to say.

"Come," Nava said. "Follow me."

He led them deeper into the den, where a bright light shone from a hidden chamber.

As they entered, they saw a magnificent sight: A large white wolf with beautiful Sky Blue eyes and a gentle smile was sitting on a pile of furs and skins. She was surrounded by various animals, some alive and some stuffed, that she had created with her own hands.

She looked at Balto and Aleu with a warm gaze and spoke in a soft voice.

"Welcome, my children," she said. "I am A'akuluujjusi, the mother of all living things. I have been waiting for you."

Balto and Aleu bowed their heads in awe and respect.

"Hello, A'akuluujjusi," Balto said. "We are honored to meet you."

"Yes, we are," Aleu said. "Thank you for inviting us."

A'akuluujjusi smiled. "You are very welcome. I have been watching over you since you were born. You have grown into brave and strong wolves, just like your parents."

She gestured to the animals around her.

"These are my creations," she said. "Some of them are perfect, some of them are flawed, but I love them all equally. They are my children too."

She picked up a stuffed caribou with walrus tusks and a stuffed walrus with caribou antlers.

"These were my first attempts," she said. "I made a mistake and gave them the wrong features. But I learned from it and fixed it later."

She put them down and picked up a live caribou with normal antlers and a live walrus with normal tusks.

"These are my improved versions," she said. "I made them more suitable for their environments and their hunters."

She looked at Balto and Aleu.

"You see, my children, creation is not an easy process. It takes time, patience, and trial and error. Sometimes you make mistakes, sometimes you succeed. But you never give up. You always try to do better."

She put down the animals and moved closer to Balto and Aleu.

"That is why I brought you here," she said. "You have a special role to play in this world. You are not just wolves or dogs, you are something more. You have the power to change things for the better, to bring balance and harmony to all living beings."