Story Idea #16: GMK: A Certain Kami Pulls Some Strings.

Amaterasu, the sun goddess and the ruler of the heavenly plain, watched in horror as a monstrous creature emerged from the sea and headed towards Japan. She recognized it as Godzilla, the beast that had once terrorized the land before being defeated by the Oxygen Destroyer. But this was not the same Godzilla. This one had a dark and sinister aura, and its eyes were white and soulless. Amaterasu sensed a familiar presence within the creature, a presence that filled her with dread and anger.

She summoned her mirror, Yata no Kagami, and gazed into it. She saw a vision of the past, of the countless people who died in the Pacific War, their souls restless and tormented. She saw a mysterious old man, chanting a dark spell and releasing the souls from their bonds. She saw the souls swarm towards Godzilla's corpse, which lay at the bottom of the ocean. She saw them enter his body, reanimating it and giving it a new purpose: to destroy Japan and make it pay for its sins.

Amaterasu gasped and dropped her mirror. She could not believe what she had seen. How could someone do such a thing? How could someone unleash such a terrible curse upon her beloved country? She had to find out who was behind this, and stop them. She had to save Japan from Godzilla's wrath.

She flew down from the heavens, leaving behind her brother Tsukuyomi, the moon god, and her other siblings. She headed towards Yomi, the underworld where her mother Izanami resided. She hoped that Izanami would have some answers for her.

She reached the entrance of Yomi, guarded by two fearsome hounds. She called out to them, "Let me pass! I am Amaterasu, daughter of Izanagi and Izanami! I need to see my mother!"

The hounds recognized her voice and bowed their heads. They opened the gate for her and let her enter. Amaterasu thanked them and proceeded into the dark realm.

She walked through the gloomy corridors, avoiding the sights and sounds of the dead. She reached Izanami's chamber, where she saw her mother sitting on a throne of bones. Izanami was once a beautiful goddess, but after she died giving birth to Kagutsuchi, the fire god, she became a hideous corpse, covered in maggots and rotting flesh.

Amaterasu approached her mother with respect and fear. She bowed before her and said, "Mother, I am sorry to disturb you, but I need your help."

Izanami looked at her daughter with cold eyes. She said, "What do you want from me, Amaterasu? Have you come to mock me for my condition? Have you come to remind me of how you abandoned me here?"

Amaterasu shook her head. She said, "No, mother, I have not come for that. I have come to ask you about something that is happening in Japan. Something terrible."

Izanami said, "What is happening in Japan?"

Amaterasu said, "Godzilla has returned. But he is not the same as before. He is possessed by the souls of those who died in the war. He is destroying everything in his path. He is unstoppable."

Izanami said, "Godzilla? The souls of the war dead? What are you talking about?"

Amaterasu said, "Someone has released them from their bonds and sent them into Godzilla's body. Someone has cursed Japan with Godzilla's wrath."

Izanami said, "Who would do such a thing?"

Amaterasu said, "That is what I came to ask you, mother. Did you have anything to do with this? Did you send those souls to Godzilla?"

Izanami looked offended. She said, "How dare you accuse me of such a thing? Do you think I am so petty and vengeful that I would harm my own children? Do you think I have forgotten my love for Japan?"

Amaterasu said, "I'm sorry, mother, but I had to ask. You are the ruler of Yomi, after all. You have power over the dead."

Izanami said, "Yes, I do have power over the dead. But I do not abuse it. I do not interfere with their fate or their destiny. I do not meddle with their affairs or their emotions. I simply watch over them and keep them safe."

Amaterasu said, "Then who did this? Who released those souls?"

Izanami said, "I do not know for sure. But I have a suspicion."

Amaterasu said, "Who?"

Izanami said, "There is one among us who has always been jealous of your light and your glory. One who has always hated Japan for its prosperity and its happiness. One who has always sought to bring chaos and destruction to the world. One who has always been your enemy."

Amaterasu said, "Who are you talking about?"

Izanami said, "You know who I am talking about. The one who rebelled against the will of the other Amatsu-Kami. The one who is the god of evil, chaos and the stars. The one who is the king of monsters."

Amaterasu gasped. She said, "You don't mean..."

Izanami nodded. She said, "Yes, I do. I mean him. I mean Amatsu-Mikaboshi."

A/N: Before anyone asks. Yes, Amatsu-Mikaboshi does exist in Japanese Mythology. Look him up.

https://www.japanesewiki.com/Shinto/Amatsumikaboshi.html

A/N: Has anyone else ever wondered if GMK would fit in with Japanese Mythology, due to the movie being known for its mysticism and fantasy?

A/N: I hope you enjoy this one! Please tell me your thoughts, unleash the comments, and vote! See ya 👋!