Story Idea #38: Kung Fu Panda/Chinese Mythology.

A/N: Okay so I've been trying to regain my interest in Kung Fu Panda after being distant from it for a while. Luckily, I managed to regain my interest in the franchise.

A/N: Just to let you know that this oneshot, like the previous oneshots, is an experiment that, while might not be as accurate to the source material, could still give you an idea or two about doing a Kung Fu Panda/Chinese Mythology crossover story of your own.

Oogway sat on a lotus flower, floating in the Spirit Realm. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, trying to find inner peace. He felt a gentle breeze caress his face, and heard the soothing sound of water. He smiled, feeling calm and serene.

 He smiled, feeling calm and serene

"Inner peace... Inner peace..." he whispered to himself.

A pink petal drifted from a nearby peach tree and landed on his nose. He twitched, feeling a slight itch.

"Itchy nose," he muttered, slightly annoyed.

He blew softly, hoping to dislodge the petal. But instead of flying away, the petal came back and stuck to his nose again. He sneezed, sending the petal flying.

"Finally, inner peace," he said, relieved.

But his relief was short-lived. He sensed a surge of dark energy coming towards him. He opened one eye and saw a green blade attached to a chain flying at him. He caught the blade with his hand, still holding his staff with the other.

He opened his other eye and saw another blade coming from the opposite direction. He twirled his staff and deflected the second blade, making it collide with the first one.

"Kai, old friend," he said, narrowing his eyes.

Kai, a large muskox with horns and armor, pulled back his weapons. He grinned wickedly, showing his teeth.

 He grinned wickedly, showing his teeth

"Master Oogway," he said mockingly.

"Our battle ended five hundred years ago," Oogway said, recalling their last confrontation.

"Well, now I'm ready for a rematch," Kai said, lowering his voice.

"Took you long enough," Oogway said, chuckling.