Story Idea #19: What If Athena unlocked her Titan heritage?

Athena had always been different from her siblings. She was born from the head of Zeus, the king of the gods, after he swallowed her mother, Metis, the Titaness of wisdom and cunning. She inherited her mother's traits, but also developed a sense of justice and compassion that set her apart from the other Olympians. She was the goddess of wisdom, war, crafts, and civilization, and she was respected and admired by many.

But Athena had a secret. A secret that could shake the foundations of Olympus and the world. A secret that she discovered by accident one day, when she was practicing her skills in a secluded valley.

She had always been curious about her mother's fate. She wondered what happened to her after Zeus devoured her, and if she still existed in some form inside him. She wondered if she could somehow communicate with her, or at least sense her presence. She decided to try something that no one had ever attempted before: to use her power to reach into the mind of Zeus.

She closed her eyes and focused on her father's image. She felt a surge of energy coursing through her veins, and she followed it with her mind. She sensed a vast and complex network of thoughts, memories, emotions, and plans. She felt awed and intimidated by the scope of Zeus's mind, but she also felt a connection. She was his daughter, after all.

She searched for a trace of Metis, hoping to find a spark of life or intelligence among the chaos. She probed deeper and deeper, until she reached a dark and hidden corner of Zeus's mind. There, she found something that shocked her.

She found Metis.

But she was not alone.

She was surrounded by a swirling mass of power that radiated heat and light. It was the power of the Titans, the primordial beings that ruled the world before the Olympians overthrew them. It was the power that Zeus had stolen from his father, Cronus, and his uncles, after he freed them from Tartarus. It was the power that he had used to create the world and everything in it.

And it was also Athena's power.

She realized that when Zeus swallowed Metis, he also swallowed her unborn child. He swallowed Athena. And by doing so, Metis secretly transferred her Titan power to her. Power that lay dormant inside her until she awakened it with her mind.

She felt a surge of emotion as she looked at Metis. She saw her mother's face, smiling at her with love and pride. She heard her mother's voice, whispering in her ear:

"My daughter, you are more than you know. You have the power of the Titans within you. The power to create and destroy. The power to surpass all the gods. Even your father."

Athena gasped and opened her eyes. She felt dizzy and overwhelmed by what she had seen and heard. She looked around and saw that the valley had changed. The trees were taller and greener, the flowers were brighter and more fragrant, the animals were more lively and friendly. She had unconsciously used her power to enhance the natural beauty of the place.

She realized that she had done something incredible. Something dangerous. Something that could make her enemies or allies among the Olympians. Something that could change everything.

She decided to keep it a secret.

She didn't tell anyone about her discovery. Not even Zeus. She feared his reaction if he found out that she had entered his mind and seen his secrets. She feared his jealousy if he learned that she had inherited his power and more. She feared his wrath if he felt threatened by her potential.

She also didn't tell anyone about Metis. She wanted to protect her mother from harm or exploitation. She wanted to keep their bond private and sacred. She wanted to learn more from her mother, who taught her many things about the Titans, the world, and herself.