"what about you, lani?"

her eyes opened. "what?"

molly paused before laughing. "were you drifting off to sleep then?"

"yeah sorry," lani apologised. "jess bro, you're voice is so relaxing. it's like a talking lullaby." 

"thanks babe," jess smiled.

"what's your plan of action today then, lani? you gonna chat to scott," asked ella, throwing her arm around the shorter girl.

"definitely," nodded lani. "but obviously i want to talk to ashton as well. he's still top of my list and i want to get to know him more."

"but you and scott would be so cute together!" leah insisted as she cupped the girls cheeks. the girls all gave their voices of agreement.

"guys stop! i haven't even known him a full day yet. give it time. whatever happens, happens. whatever doesn't, doesn't," she shrugged.

"not gonna lie i hate the way you live your life off of yolo," catherine said, causing them all to laugh.

"unbothered queen," whitney said, leaning over to give lani a high five.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

. ˚ ⁺ . ✦ .  .  ✦  .⁺  ˚ .   
          . ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦ ✦

         "BIT RUDE HOW YOU haven't spoke to me all morning," ashton said as he came over to sit next to lani on the daybeds. he threw his arm around her neck as the both of them laid down, her cuddled up to his side.

"sorry hun," she apologised and kissed his cheek, accepting the iced coffee he'd made for her. "i've been with the girls."

"well start making time for me," he warned.

"of course," she rolled her eyes. "how are you?"

"good, you?"

"better now that you've made me my coffee," leilani nodded, earning an eye roll from him. "i'm seriously not joking. this needs to become a habit. i'm a right bitch when i don't get my morning coffee."

"coffee or not, you're a bitch anyways so i don't see the point in making you one," ashton deadpanned.

she sat up and gave him an over-exaggerated look of offence. then, she paused, took in his words, sat in silence for a moment, and nodded her head in agreement. "yeah i can't argue with that."

"you look really pretty today," he complimented.

"so i don't look pretty every other day?" she asked as she swirled around her straw to make all of the ice cubes mash together. she always found the sound of ice hitting against the glass satisfying.

ashton sighed. "don't be like that."

"like what? you're saying i look pretty today, does that mean i looked ugly yesterday?" 

"what-? no! of course it didn't!"

"whitney! can you believe this guy? he's just said i looked ugly yesterday!" lani yelled out to her best friend who was making a drink in the kitchen. the said girl gasped and gave a look of disbelief whilst zach, who stood next to whitney, laughed loudly at ashton's panicked state.