[ Chapter 99 : Snowy Owl ]

Start from the beginning

He helps me up and I exhale to feel some of the pressure off my ribs.

" Actually, you might as well take a rest, I'm weary myself " grandma said.

" Yeah, definitely agreeing to that " I said and start walking as Laurence hold my hand with the other arm around my waist.

~ Time Skip ~

" I thought you've moved out by now " I said.

" Please, I'm a part of the family now "

I watch as Heidi hang on the tree by her legs and stretching her arms with her hair dangling down. She's cut it short and I'm sad I can yank on it.

" I miss climbing trees " I said.

" It's her morning routine " Paige said.

" It's to– "

" To have blood flow through your brain " I interrupts Heidi.

" I know, at least it tells us your not brainless " I said as I walk away and hold my big belly.

I walk towards the gazebo and Jemma pulls out a chair for me as I take a seat, I exhale in relief of my feet and see Esmé with her father by the pond, admiring the fishes. Paige walks towards us and takes a seat in front of me.

" You know I never get to asked, uncle Jack is okay with Heidi staying here? " I asked.

" Well. . . " she starts as she pick up her teacup.

" My father is the first person who I told about it, as a Vaitla family member you know how bad that would turn out if I told my mother and he just gives a little warning about being careful when we're in public " I snicker and hum in response.

" You never told your mom? " I asked, she shakes her head and I nodded.

" Fair enough, she's a bitch anyways to understand " I said.

She raise her brow at me and I smile.

" No offense " I said.

" None taken because I agree " she smiles back and we both laugh together.

" How's Anthony by the way?, I know we don't really get along or even close but I've seen him less often than we should " I said.

" Dear annoying brother was promoted, didn't Declan told you? " She asked, I shake my head as I grab a cookie.

" He lives in his own house now and so does Yeshua, as for Faris he's on an expedition so he doesn't really gossip much when he's back on duty " I said.

" Oh " she said.

" Promoted to what, exactly? " I asked.

" I don't know about knight stuff but a higher position so he's busier than usual with tight schedules and don't come home as often, though he should be home tonight " she said.

" I'm surprised uncle Jack is not finding a matchmaker for him " I said.

" Well, he's pretty busy himself with governing stuff " she said.

" I don't doubt that a second " I said and shove the entire cookie in my mouth.

I turn my head when I hear laughter and see Laurence just letting Esmé splash on the pond water lightly and his face all drenched, then my attention averted to the small grave next to them, I don't remember having the tombstone there.

" Did you do that? " I look back at Paige and she glance at the grave and back at me with a smile.

" I have to admit, hate her but she still deserves better " she said, I snicker and pick up my glass of water.