[ Chapter 43 : An Herbal Soup ]

Y/n's pov.   

" I've figured it out, she wasn't cursed "

" Are you serious? " I walk up to Celeste and she nods before turning the book around to me.

" Yes, so you were right to suspect, it was caused by mineral poisoning " she said.

" Mineral poisoning? " I asked then start reading the page.

" Her symptoms matches up with a mineral name Celorsite, general body pain, fever, shortness of breath, vomiting, it lines up! " She said.

" Then what about the wooden figurine in mom's room? " I turn to her.

" She must've made it up to have it look like black magic witchcraft " she said, I scoff.

" I did all the scheming, and they still target mom, but if it was mineral poisoning why didn't the doctor detect it? " I asked.

Celeste stands there confused when realization hits her.

" She must've bribed him " she said.

" Unbelievable " I said.

" Well, other than that, I've sent magic letters to Faris and he confirmed it to me, that such mineral poisoning can be cause from ingesting it " she said.

" Wow, if Talia's that bold to poison herself then she's really going all out, risking her life to just get rid of us, looks like extreme runs in the family " I said.

" Your forgetting you also say a few extreme words " she said.

" I just wanted nieces and nephews " I said, she sighs.

" Well all we have to do now is go on with the plan " she said, I nodded.

" It's not going to change anything " I said.

" Have you filled in on your aunt Hyria too? " She asked.

" Yup "

" It's sort of feel wrong to use someone " she said.

" Well I mean, this also benefits her and Malia, we're taking down Paige so when she's down they get freedom too and Hyria said Tessa is gullible so it's an advantage for them too I guess " I said.

" I don't know " she said with an unsure tone.

" It's going to work, anyways look " I lift up my right hand and remove my glove where my huge red burn scar is actually fading.

" Your soup worked, if it hadn't for you then I'd be wearing the glove forever " I said, she chuckle and I put it back on.

" I didn't expect it to work, usually I put more magical herbs inside to enhance it " she said.

" And I'm not complaining " I said and then see Jemma bringing a tray.

" Speaking of it " I said and Jemma put it down on Declan's table.

Jemma open the lid to the bowl and the I take a whiff of the fragrance of the soup, it's so delightful. I start to dive in it and enjoy it quickly and also not too fast of course.

" It's not going anywhere, it doesn't have legs, I'll make more if you'd like " Celeste said.

I was about to reply when the door opens abruptly and Tessa walks in.

" What's that amazing smell? " She asked.

She approaches and I put down my bowl, she looks over to my bowl and I quickly cover it with the lid.

" Tessa, couldn't you knock? " I asked.

" What are you hiding? " She looks over further where the soup is but I push it away.