[ Chapter 59 : Back In Camp ]

Y/n's pov.  

The sun blinds my eyes as I whine and I hide my face behind this person I'm leaning on.

" Morning sleepyhead "

I open my eyes and yawn to see I'm on a horse and Laurence is in front of me with my arms around his waist.

" How long did I slept for? " I asked.

" A few hours, we're near camp " he said.

I rub my eyes and look around as I get used to the light, seeing three wagon's being pulled. One is the supplies, the other two are bodies from last night, I see the sun is midday so I sigh then slump my body against Laurence his body is so warm in this cold weather.

" What's wrong? " He asked.

" Tired, my body aches " I yawn again he chuckles.

" Don't worry, we'll get plenty of rest after this " he said.

I smile and hug him from behind.

" You scared me last night, don't do that again " he said.

" I'm sorry, I couldn't just watch you struggle and me doing nothing " I said.

I then felt his hand on my arm.

" I love you " he said quietly and I giggle a little.

" I love you too " I sneakily give him a kiss on the back of his head.

We all smell right now so it doesn't matter anymore, I just lean against him trying to get more sleep since we've been at it the entire night. Another hour passed and from here I can see the camp from a distance, seems like a few troops has come back from their journey, I also can tell healers and other doctors running around helping the wounded.

There's even bodies lying just on the ground and being cleaned up.

" Why are they collecting the dead? " I asked.

" Nobilities are to be preserved and bring back home to have a proper burial and honor their death " Laurence said.

" How come only nobility gets that?, What about the rest that joined? " I asked.

" Apparently it's our way " he said, I scoff and watch as enchanters cast spells on the dead.

" It's distasteful, I know " Laurence said and I feel his hand caressing my arm.

" Let's just enjoy the next few minutes together " I said.

My eyes are so tired that I can't help it and put my whole body weight on him. I just listen to my surroundings and I didn't even realize we arrived.

" Hey " I feel a nudge.

I open my eyes and see we're at the stables.

" I want to stay like this " I whine.

" Derek will kill us both if he sees or hears about us " he said.

" Who cares? " I yawn as I sit up and he dismount his horse.

" I do " I open my eyes and see Declan folding his arms next to Laurence.

" Whatever " I said then dismount with Declan holding my waist and put me down as I yawn again.

" Go take a bath first or something " Declan nudges me and I whine.

Laurence and I exchange smiles before I walk away to the direction of my tent. As I gave myself a massage on my shoulder I hear a loud cry then turn my head over my shoulder, I see Lumina crying with half of her face wrapped up as miss Layla hug her for comfort. Rowena standing by them with her mouth shut and holding in her cry but tears are flowing down her face wearing an arm sling.