Chapter 88

Previously on Chapter 87

"I can't believe that she's gone..." I said, my voice cracks a little as I said the word. Y/N's gone... and it's all my fault for not able to protect her better. Hermione choke out a sob as she lowers her body, gently embracing me as I start to cry harder. I close my eyes as I keep on crying. Ron and Ginny are both crying as well.

Y/N... I'm so sorry...

-Spirit Of The Pure Heart-

Harry P.O.V

After feeling slightly better, I decided to force myself to stand up. I want to see Y/N. I want to hold her in my arms. Ron and Hermione tried to convince me to rest a little bit more. But I ignore their words and force myself to get up from the makeshift bed. They have no choice but to help me get to Y/N.

Eventually, we reached where Y/N's body laid. As soon as I stand next to her bed, I dropped on my knees. I just stare at her pale face. My shoulders starts trembling as my tears starts falling from my eyes.

"Y/N... come back to me, please..." I cried out as I hold onto her hand. I lower my head, placing it on her hands as I start to cry harder. "Don't leave me, Y/N... I'm begging you" I pleaded.

I hear a soft footsteps coming closer towards us. I turn my head to see P/N, Y/N's beloved pet wolf. She stops next to Y/N and lower her head. She gently lick her cheek.

She turn her head to look at me. Her eyes glows for a few seconds. Harry Potter... Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger... a voice echoed in my head. I furrowed my eyebrows at the voice and look around. I'm here... right in front of you... the voice said again. I turn my head to look at the wolf.

"You..." I said, staring at her in shock. She make a head motion that looked like a subtle nod. "You can talk..." I said. I turn my head to look at Hermione and Ron to see they're both are just as shocked.

"How can you talk?" Hermione said, staring at P/N in curiosity. I turn my head to look at the wolf, also curious how she's able to talk. She move to sit down across from us.

I'm a guardian... a spirit created by a pure wish. I'm born in this world, because of Narcissa Malfoy... she said. My eyes widened at what he said. She made a wish. A wish to somehow keep Y/N safe and free from the curse. Even though, Y/N isn't a real human being... she loved her nonetheless as if she's an actual human and her actual daughter. And Narcissa knew what would happen and made the wish. The spirits heard her pain and wish. They can feel her sincerity... and decided to grant it. That is why I'm here... she said.

"But Y/N got you at a pet store... so how?" I asked. I can almost feel her smile as she stares at me with a gentle gaze. I just stare at her, wanting to hear her explanation.

I hold a special bond with Y/N right on the day I was brought into this world. That's why her chose me during her selection for pets... we're destined to meet one way or another she said. She turn her head to look at Y/N. And yet I failed to keep her safe... the Dark Magic in this world is too powerful... I'm sorry... she said. I can hear the sadness in her voice.

I look down at what she said. I turn my head to look at Y/N. "I can't believe I lost her..." I said, lifting my hand to place it on Y/N's head. I caress her soft h/c hair.

You don't lose her... there's one way to safe her life... P/N said. My head snapped towards her as soon as she said that. Y/N's mother's wish was not only to keep Y/N safe from the world, but also from the afterlife she said.

"Y-You mean... you can bring her back?" I said. She nods her head. "What would happen after that?" I asked. She stays silent for a while. She turn her head to look at Y/N for a brief moment before turning to look at me.

The sole purpose of my existence was to protect Y/N. Now that the war is over... there will be no more danger. I'm here to deliver my final purpose. And that is to grant her a second chance. Once I fulfill that purpose... I shall return to my realm she said.

My eyes widened at what she said. Return to her realm... that means, she would cease to exist. If Y/N comes back and found out she had lost her best friend, she would be broken. I bit my lips as I can't bear the thought of Y/N being upset.

It's alright... it's my duty to complete what I was given to fulfill... she said. Her voice sounded gentle as she try to reassure me. But do remember, Harry Potter. I can only bring her back once... there will be no more chances in the future. This will be her last chance. To live and to become a real human being... she will live as herself and not as a clone. So cherish the life you'll have with her... understand? She said. I just nod my head. She tilt her head as she gives me a wolfy grin. I leave her in your hands, Harry Potter... she said.

"Okay..." I said, in a soft tone while nodding my head weakly. Tears starts falling from my eyes. P/N turns her gaze to look at Y/N. She lower her head and place her forehead against Y/N's.

Her whole body glows and slowly transform into a ball of light. The light slowly enters Y/N's body. I watch in awe as the wound on her chest heals in an instant. There are no marks as if she was never hurt in the first place.

Y/N take a sharp inhale as soon as the light fully emerge in her. I hunch forward as I place my hand on her cheek. I watch as her eyes slowly flutter open. She blinks her eyes a few times before turning them to look at me.

"Harry..." she said. My eyes widened as tears starts to stream down my cheeks. "Why are you crying? Why is everyone crying?" She asked, looking around as the rest of the Weasley's are gathering around us.

She slowly sit up. I choke out a sob as I quickly pulls her into a tight hug. She gently wraps her arms around me. I continue to sob as I bury my face into the crook of her neck.

"You died, Y/N. But you came back. I was so scared that I will lose you forever" I said. I pull away to look at her. She blinks her eyes and smiles softly at me. She lift her hand and gently wipe the tears from my cheeks.

"I'm here now, Harry... don't cry" I said. I lift my hand and place it on top of hers. It's all thanks to P/N. Thank you, P/N... for bringing her back.

*to be continued*