Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

Harry P.O.V

First she hugs me... now she's worry that I might be sick. She's really caring. I'm happy... really. But it's not good for me... well... for my heart. It's beating at a really rapid speed right now.

I think I'm falling for her

-Going Down The Chamber of Secrets-

Y/N P.O.V

Weeks have passed. Things have gotten a lot worse here in Hogwarts. Even Hermione get petrified by whatever is attacking the students.

The nurses in the hospital wings are slowly getting restless by the number of students. I tried to help, but they only said I'll only get in their way. They're trying to find a cure to help the petrified students. But to no avail... as everything they tried don't isn't working at all. Not as long as we don't know what caused it.

I think we need to get rid of the source of the trouble to free the petrified students. But none of us knows what caused this chaos.

I sit on the chair in the hospital wings. In front of me is Hermione. She's petrified with one of her arms raised. I bit my lips, trying my best not to cry. She's been one of my closest friends... so seeing her in this state breaks my heart.

"Oh, Mione... what can I do to help you?" I said, as I cry softly. I raise my hand and place it on hers. I hold it gently. I furrow my eyebrows when I feel a weird texture. She's holding something. I pull it out to see a piece of paper. It looks like it's been torn from a book. I open it and my eyes widened.

"A Basilisk

"A Basilisk... of course! How could I not think about this" I said. I gently hug Hermione. "Thanks, Mione. You've always been a very helpful person. I promise I'll bring you back to normal..." I said. I stand up and run towards Professor Dumbledore's office. I give it a soft knock.

I open the door after I hear a soft "come in" from the other side of the door. I enter the room and bow at the Professor/Principal of Hogwarts, who's sitting behind the desk.

"Professor..." I said. He looks up from his paperwork and looks at me. "Ah... Ms. Malfoy... what are doing here?" He said. "This Professor... I found this in my friend, Hermione's hand. It seems that she believed the cause of the students petrified state is a Basilisk" I said, handing the piece of paper over to him. He takes it from me and scan through the page. He nods his head in agreement. "I'll inform the nurses..." he said. I bow and turn around to leave the room.

Time-skip

Harry, Ron and I decided to ask Professor Lockhart for help. But I can see how terrified he looks. Harry and Ron points their wands at him, asking him to jump down the tunnel that's been opened by Harry.

I was about to jump too. But Harry stops me. I look at him in confusion. "What?" I said. "Stay here... you can't come with us..." he said. "Why not?" I said. "It's going to be very dangerous... I don't want you to get hurt..." he said. "Well... I'm a witch, Harry... I'm able to take care of myself. You don't have to worry..." I said.

I was about to jump again, but Harry hugs me. "I'll always be worry when it comes to you..." he said. I pull away from the hug and froze when I feel a soft pressure on my lips. He pulls away and smile at me. Then he turns around and jump.

I snap back into reality and was about to follow him, when the entrance closes. I just stare at it wide eyed. I place my finger on my lips, not believing what had happened.

Harry just kissed me...

Harry P.O.V

Why the hell did I do that?? Why did I act so bold?! Now she's going to be awkward around me. 'Ugh! I am SO stupid! Well done, Harry... you just scared your crush away! Very well done!' I scold myself for my stupidity.

Ron looks at me, smirking. "I knew you had it in you. I've always knew that you like Y/N..." he said. I roll my eyes at his comment. "Oh shut it, Ron..." I said. I point the wand at Professor Lockhart again.

I continue to make Professor walk. But suddenly a boulder starts tumbling down from the ceiling and it separates us. Me being alone, while Ron is on the other side with Professor Lockhart. I guess I'm going to have to do this on my own.

Y/N P.O.V

I just sit in front of it, waiting for them to come back. I'm deep in thought, thinking of Harry's action. It never came to mind until today that Harry might've felt something for me. But I'm not sure whether I do feel that way for him. This is too sudden.

I mean... I'm only 12 for goodness sake! That means I'm too young to be thinking about this kind of stuff! Besides... what would Draco think about this.

Draco... I still haven't talk to him even until today. I don't know whether I'm being overreacting. But I just can't help it. To do something like that... making me believe that my best friends aren't real. It's just hurts too much.

2 Hours Later

2 hours have passed. But they still haven't returned. I'm starting to feel worried now.

"Where are they? What's taking them so long? Oh... Merlin... please protect my friends" I said to myself, biting my finger softly. I know it's a bad habit to bite fingers... but I can't help it... especially when I feel anxious.

I can hear rumbling sound. I look up to see Ron. I get up and rush over to him. "Why are you alone? And where is Harry??" I said. "I'm sorry, Y/N... he got trapped in there..." he said. I turn to look at Professor Lockhart. He have a giddy look as he keep grinning at me.

"Uh... what's wrong with him?" I said. Ron glance at Professor Lockhart and sigh. "He took my wand and cast Obliviate spell... but it backfired..." he said. "So he didn't remember anything?" I said. "Nope..." He said.

"Hi... who are you?" Professor Lockhart said. "Uhh... no one you should be concern about..." I said. "And why is that? Also... I must say... you're really pretty" He said. I hit my forehead gently by his question.

"Uh... sorry to break it to you, Professor... but my friend here is already taken. And two... you're too old for her" Ron said. I turn to him, smacking the back of his head. "Shut it, Ron!" I said. He wince and rub his head.

"I'm just stating the truth... you're with Harry. Are you not?" He said. "I don't know what you're talking about..." I said, crossing my arms across my chest and turn away from him. I can feel my cheeks turns a deeper shade of red.

"You're not denying though... you do like him, don't you, Y/N?" he said, in a teasing voice. "Whatever..." I said, rolling my eyes. I turn around and walk away. I can hear Ron chuckling behind me. I just smile to myself, thinking about Harry. Then the smile turns into frown as I remember Harry is still down there somewhere. I can only hope that he's going to be alright.

*to be continued*