Chapter 169. The Harsh Truth about Kali's Tragedy.

Start from the beginning

Outside, Flora was fidgeting, sometimes wanting to move forward, and then stopping herself. She wanted her young miss to be the one resolving this so that Kali wouldn't rely on Flora when they were about to do something like this again.

Flora wanted Kali and Yasenia to be able to have an intimate time without thinking about someone watching over them. 'Miss Kali is still out of real danger, but if miss doesn't do something soon... The heart demons may consume her. I will interveene just before that happens.'

Meanwhile, when Kali heard Yasenia's voice, she latched onto Yasenia, wounding her arms and legs around her, and burying her face in her neck. Then she said with a brittle voice, "H-Help, please help me; they are, they are..." Kali's eyes were wandering around, unfocused, and looking at nothing and something simultaneously.

Yasenia tightened the hug as her heart also tightened and consoled her further, "Don't worry, don't worry, I'm here. I'm here..."

As Yasenia continued speaking with her, the miasma shrunk and returned to Kali's body. Yasenia really wanted to rip apart, chew, and devour that miasma, but she didn't have the skill nor methods to do that. It was different from the thing that affected Cecile in the past, instead of artificial, it was a naturally born heart demon, and these could only be defeated by a mentality change from the cultivator bearing them.

As if the miasma calming down was the cue, Kali started to return back to reality more and more. Yasenia didn't stop her coaxing while thinking, 'Her heart demons must have used the lapse when Kali had her orgasm to induce illusions on her... Thank the heavens I didn't let her drink too much of it....'

Even if some people would find it somewhat disgusting drinking her own release, Yasenia didn't mind doing it for Kali, especially after seeing what just happened. Instead, she was extremely glad she did that.

Meanwhile, Flora was with a hand on the door and with the entirety of her spiritual sense all over them, attentive to any slight changes in Kali's aura. She was so focused that even a mortal would be able to sneak on her right now.

She saw that Yasenia was taking care of it alone, so she didn't interrupt. 'Thankfully, the young miss managed to do it... Her aura, scent, and tail properties, combined with Miss Kali's familiarity with young miss' voice and body are making her relax.'

However, she didn't lose focus for a second, her miss was counting on her in case something went wrong, and she had taken a liking to Kali during these months. She found her heart strength admirable; it was extremely rare that someone could live with the powerful heart demons that Kali bore and remain a sane and functional person.

Besides her normal timid behavior, slight stuttering, and other small signals, you wouldn't find anything wrong with Kali at first glance, and that is what made Flora's respect for her soar. She was determined to aid her young miss in healing Kali's heart demons with all her strength and experience in the matter.

Kali returned to herself after another ten minutes, still with a rapid breathing rate but aware of her surroundings. Some time passed with Yasenia just caressing her and Kali calming down completely. Then, Kali remembered what had happened; she looked up at Yasenia and teared up, ashamed of her reaction. 'I-I can't even have proper intimate relationships! I-I'm a failure!'

Seeing her cry, Yasenia almost freaked out and asked, concerned. "What's wrong, honey? Are you still afraid? Don't worry. I will stay by your side as much as you need. I will tell you all the times you need to hear it; by my side, you are safe. I won't let anybody do anything to you while I have a single breath in me!"

Kali directly burst into tears and hugged Yasenia. She choked out her words in between sniffles from crying. "H-How can you s-say that for s-some-someone like me... I'm a worth-worthless woman! Used u-until I couldn't even move! T-They used me until s-some c-called me dead frog because, because m-my posture! While they, they used a poisoned k-knife to..."