Chapter 59 "The rain never came"

~Iria~

27/8/24

3 months later...

Some months ago I lived the most traumatic event of my life. I loved Tristan, seeing him die was more than heartbreaking but Ethan was my soulmate, and that fear of thinking I would have to live without him too in a very close future... I couldn't prevent it didn't settled in the deepest part of my chest, close to my soul. Ethan took over a big part of me, since the first look we shared he found by himself a special place in my heart, plus he completed my soul with a huge piece I didn't know I lacked.

Some months ago I cried my eyes out broken on the floor of my best friend's room, next to his corpus. I spent three hours crying and feeling something similar or worse to what I felt that 25th of May. The pain burned me again, right on the spot where I wasn't sure if my heart kept being. I blamed myself during those three hours of tears and screams that left my mouth from within my soul, I felt as if something in me had died too and it's that he had done it.

I killed him before he could kill himself, I killed him to save him, that was all I thought about when I kissed him. I wanted to take the pain from him as when we were fourteen and fifteen. I kissed him like the first time, same crave to heal him as that night. What an irony now that it would be our last kiss.

Some months ago I found myself in the nightmare I have feared since I was thirteen, worse than any other I have had. I found myself alone, and I couldn't even say at least I still had Ethan. There wasn't an until death do us apart and we meet in hell anymore, he died first and I hated to live in that world where he wouldn't cook pancakes some day to cheer me up.

The tears that burned my skin with pain were eventually replaced with tears that burned my skin with anger after those three hours. I couldn't help thinking about since when did my life screw up, I needed someone or something to blame. Blaming myself would be deadly and I knew that. The answer to my pain appeared as the name of a boarding school.

Mason White, he was the person who killed the love of my life. He was the one who plugged the knife into his own son's neck then moved it to the right to open the cut. He was the one who lied to me making me think I was safe in a place that turned out to tear me apart. He was the one to blame. Suddenly all that pain turned into range and I just had one purpose left, one target.

Killing Mason White.

I graduated with honors in high school, I didn't touch a book during the school year yet that third power I used to be afraid to wonder where it came from did all the work. I was smart, that was undeniable, once I was bullied for that only reason but nowadays I couldn't care less.

Molly was the only one I could trust to tell the truth about what happened to Ethan, I made up a lie for the rest who asked about him. She offered me her shoulder to cry on, however it didn't last, she and J.D rented an apartment in São Paulo for the summer, they wanted to be as close to Andrew as possible. Plus, Marvin helped Molly to find a modeling job for the summer there.

I spent the first summer alone of my life. I did go out to do human things like taking a walk and I did feel a vertigo I couldn't categorize anymore when I walked past Ethan's closed room door. I kept him laid on his bed, with his eyes closed as if he had achieved what he wanted and was just resting. I didn't dare to walk in.

Three months of summer gave me enough time to plan the perfect murder. By now, 27th of August, I had studied all my target's movements and knew exactly where was he going to be when I kill him. Today I was taking a plane to the place I swore myself not to set a foot on ever again, London. Mr. White turned out to move a lot during the summer, tomorrow was my perfect chance.