Chapter 17 "And then I watch your face"

~Ethan~

21/3/24

I have been thinking about Evelyn, since I met her she has occupied a space in my mind, in Cancun I tried my best to escape from everything, leaving the thoughts about Evelyn aside too but when we came back everything about the girl who gives me power rushes hit me again. With her I had this feeling that every minute could be the last time I was with her.

I went to the bathroom right after the break ended and didn't come back, instead I teleported away, I felt stressed just by the environment around us. People were starting campaigning to be voted as king and queen of prom what overwhelmed me and the crowded corridors.

I felt guilty for not taking Iria out of high school too but as soon as I stepped in Boston I forgot about her.

The rush of knowing she was close hit me, Evelyn was magnetic, whenever she was close every cell in my body wanted to go to her meet. It took me seconds to teleport to where she was, the loft welcomed me with silence, she didn't show herself at first but I knew she was there.

I felt her.

I turned around with the intention to keep looking for her and then I watched her face, her hair as long as always and her eyes as blue as I remembered them.

"I thought I would never see you again." She whispered some feet away from me.

I smirked.

"That's not true."

A smile started to make it way to Evelyn's lips as she left behind her rigid posture. She started walking towards with teasing step.

"I imagined you wouldn't be able to survive without the rush for much longer..." She admitted once she stood in front of me. Evelyn's eyes averted to my hand. "I see you have been busy."

I looked down to my hand too, finding the wedding ring was still on my finger.

I totally forgot to take it off.

"It's a joke I have with a friend." I assured taking off the ring and keeping it on my pocket.

Evelyn chuckled, she licked her lip after.

"Do you get married with all your friends?" She teased placing her hand in the center of my chest.

"Just with my best friends." I tilted my head getting our mouths to be closer. "What do you want, cabin boy?" I whispered staring into her eyes. "More sex?"

She smiled, taking her look down for some seconds, when she looked up again she stepped back, removing her hand from my chest.

"Nah. I believe there are parts of you more interesting than your dick."

"Like what?" I teased letting out a short chuckle.

"Like your mind."

My expression tensed the moment she spoke, a feeling of concern ran through me as my jaw clenched.

"We promised we wouldn't get into the other's mind." My voice came out stern. Evelyn kept her cool pretty good.