Chapter 8 "You in those little high waisted shorts"

~Iria~

1/5/21

"Aren't you afraid of falling?" I tilted my head with my hands fixed on the structure of the bridge.

Ethan took the cigarette out of his mouth, it was the last drag so he stubbed out his cigarette on the cold red-painted iron of the Golden Gate. I moved my butt uncomfortable by the cold steel, the high waisted shorts I wore made my thighs feel frozen.

"I'm not but why aren't you?"

I looked down to the 227m behind us, he was right, I should be afraid but knowing Ethan and I were together sat on that bridge kept the familiar feeling away.

"I know that you will jump to catch me if I fall." I smiled, looking down to how my feet moved in the air.

I distinguish a young couple walking through the path beside the road, she wore a short white dress and a veil while the boy dressed formally.

Young and married, that relationship won't last.

"Yes, I would." He took his gaze down too. "Isn't this better than anything else?"

The just married couple stopped to lean against the railing and look at the dark ocean. It was night, she rested her body on the railing and he hugged her from behind. I had a feeling Ethan was looking at them too.

"Mr. and Mrs. Nguyen, boringly married." He mocked.

"Vivian Nguyen, married at barely twenty because she wrongly chose abstinence until marriage and she couldn't wait to fuck the king of the ball."

"Or either she's pregnant." Ethan grabbed the bottle of water I brought and drank from it. "Milo Nguyen, married at a young age because he got tired of fucking his girlfriend in every way but the traditional one."

I took another look at Vivian and Milo Nguyen.

"She dreamed with being a fashion designer but Milo suggested she better studied economics." I took the bottle of water from his hand and drank from it too. "A reason to argue in the future."

"He wanted to join the army but she didn't let him, it will be something to throw at her face during every argument."

Ethan and I turned our heads to look at each other and when our gazes met we broke in laughs.

"That marriage won't last." I sentenced with my gaze fixed on the lovely couple.

Ethan hesitated before talking.

"Just a honeymoon."

༄ ❅ ༄

9/3/24

"I'm nervous." I confessed when we reached the door to enter the resort in Cancun.

I stepped back close to a column to don't bother the people that went in and out the resort, Ethan got close to me, he uncrossed my arms grabbing my left hand. He took a box out of his pocket with the free hand.

"Don't be, we are married, Mrs. Nguyen." He put a simple but beautiful golden ring on my finger. I watched how he placed the remaining ring on his ring finger.