Chapter 35 "I know how much it matters to you"

~Iria~

9/9/21

I was nervous, I was very nervous, I was always nervous the first day of class what didn't make much sense, I went through it every year but this one felt different. I grabbed the handles of my backpack slung on my back tighter, it's been twelve days since Jackson requested to follow me, twelve days in which he wouldn't stop messaging me and I couldn't help replying to all of his texts with a silly smile on my face.

First Ethan messed with me about the expressions that showed up in my face whenever I read a text from him, now he has assured I'm happy and that seemed enough.

I filled my lungs with oxygen and courage to walk in the building. Saley High, here I come dressed in a white dress with small blue daisies printed over it, tighter at the top with thick straps and a loose skirt, reaching down my knees, that I considered it highlighted my breast and made me a nice butt. I wore some blue ballerinas matching this expensive dress.

I always wore expensive clothes, it wasn't my doing but I never spoke out my opinion.

Ethan followed my steps from close when I entered the building, he walked some steps behind me without complaining at all but with a tired expression. I would also be tired of my mood swings if I were him, one day I'm scared and the following I get a text and feel euphoric. However, I had the feeling his tiredness isn't because of me.

Yesterday he didn't sleep at home, and if he did it he arrived very late.

I walked through the high school without knowing what to expect, I didn't know if Jackson would talk to me, would he even greet me? With those doubts I attempted to open the classroom door but someone who apparently walked out of the classroom quickly showed up in my field of vision, getting in the way and holding the door open for me.

This is how it started, you know? My crush on Jackson started the day I was having difficulties in finding a way to open the door because of all the books I carried and he randomly showed up, he held the door open for me, smiling at me when I walked past him, like today.

"Looking good, Quinn." He complimented me while I walked past him, the smile I gave him was bigger than the last time, sure so it was the way Ethan rolled his eyes.

That gesture from my best friend didn't stop the tingling that ran through my body. The feeling accompanied me until I reached my seat, the class was distributed in double desks, two seats, I always sat next to Ethan, today I got to my seat first but the one who moved away the chair next to mine wasn't Ethan.

"May I sit here, Quinn?"

Jackson's voice has always woken up something in me, just like that blue gaze... Gaze that now was fixed on me, he looked at me what was everything I had wished for last year. It felt irreal that he talked to me too, it was more than what I dared to wish in my dream and I loved that way of his to call me by my surname.

Quinn, in his lips it sounded different, even sensual I would dare to say. It sounded like he addressed me as 'queen' what made the tinkling in my body increase in certain part between my legs.

Queen sounded like power, I didn't have of that, however I liked the sound of it.

"Sure." I replied with a smile.