Chapter 1 "It's crazy what you'll do for a friend"

~Ethan~

3/3/24

9 months later...

I never imagined that I would end up venting myself with a grave in the absence of a psychologist to provide me with therapy but here I was, dirtying my pants with dirt since my ass was sat on the ground, which was property of the cemetery.

Mother... We never had the chance to talk, neither did she have to listen to any of my issues so I will call this divine justice.

I took a deep breath before start talking, alone now that no one would give me any advice but that was why I have spent nine months talking to a piece of marble and not to a person.

They are problems, I don't want anyone solving them, just them to be listened. It feels like if I tell them out loud they become real, I can ran away from them if they are real.

"I keep having this constant... nightmare." I cleared my throat, that sideways smile that always made it way to my lips when I fixed my gaze on her grave started to show up. "It's about Chrystal, lately it's seems like everything is about her..."

The place and the conversation changes but not the important. We are alone, in different places, having different conversations but in all those conversations I get lost in her. Chrystal is talking, I can't remember about what exactly, I don't pay much attention to it, I pay attention to her, to how beautiful and perfect she is.

While she keeps talking my eyes starts to focus on one only thing about her, her lips. Just when I'm hypnotized by them, she laughs. She laughs in the way she knows I love, the way that makes me go nuts.

I wanna kiss her, I really want to but I don't do it, instead I invite her to dance, like we were doing the day she told me she loved me.

There isn't any music playing but I grab her hand and I make her spin, just to admire her. When she stops and face me again I grab her from down her back and push her against me with a fast move.

The first minutes we dance madly. We don't know how to dance, I just make her spin over and over again between laughs and jokes.

But then we slow the rhythm... and what before seemed like an intense dance lesson for beginners now is a slow and innocent dance. I stay there, enjoying the views, enjoying her.

Until I say it, "I love you."

The moment she opens her mouth to say what I think are those three words that will turn my world upside down, she makes a wince. I see how her face expression changes, how she's suddenly feeling bad and she instinctively withdraws from me.

Then I see it, how she's pressing with her left hand her right side. After that the blood behind her hand begins to stain her dress.

"E-Ethan" She murmurs.

I want to go to her, to grab her firmly and take her pain away. I'm about to do it when blood also begins to flow from her neck. I want to hold her before her legs stop standing her, I want to prevent her perfect body from falling, to whisper in her ear that everything will be fine even if it's a lie, I want to stop her from death... but I don't.

I stay there, motionless and speechless looking how the shine in her eyes fades slowly until she dies, and I can't do anything to stop it. I kill her, over and over again, my "I love you" always kills her. No matter where we are or what are we talking about she dies, always the same way.