Chapter 47 "Put my finger on your tongue 'cause you love to taste"

~Ethan~

20/5/17

I have never worn contacts, I got my first ones when I was eight, in Italy. My nonna gave them to me the moment Jerry and I moved in her house and like nobody had ever gifted me something I put them on, I wore those color contacts everyday, my nonna made sure to buy me as many as I needed. The worst is that they felt good, it felt good to fit a little more with the other kids, even if it was pretending. I came to think that it would always be easier for me to get along with people if I wore the contacts, then I met Coraline. Well, then I showed Coraline my true eyes and let her hold my hand while the pain took over my body.

Coraline never cared, I discovered beside her what I was able to do, she helped me a lot when my power started but now things were different. It hasn't been a year since my father and I had to move -again-, this time to Illinois. It was our first time in the United States but things weren't different, my father got a shitty job, however this one seemed to be better paid.

The true difference? I didn't wear contacts. I had spent eight years without contacts before, Italy was just an exception. Plus, I ran out of them. I didn't have money and I was still too focused on discovering everything this new power could bring me.

It wasn't the first time someone accused me of wanting to draw attention by wearing red contacts. Neither the first one someone called me freak for showing up in class disguised but it was the first time my eyes pissed off someone as much to want to hit me.

I supposed those were the bullies -two years older- and I, who ran through the corridors of the school, was their pray.

Not today, though. Nobody catches me if I don't want to be caught.

I ran faster than them, I crossed the corners almost skidding and in this last one I had to put my hands on the floor to don't eat it, however I got up fast.

I was very fast, I played lots of sports.

The three boys who ran after me didn't even notice where was I leading them, they just wanted to catch me and make me walk back home with some blood on the face.

For Jerry to put more blood there if he found out I lost a fight? Never.

I closed the door of the classroom behind me, I had time to put all the blinders down and switch off the lights -with the help of my power now that I was alone- before the bullies walked in.

"Ethan..." One almost sang my name when they walked in making noise. "Come out and fight us, freak."

I stayed late swimming and those three surprised me at the exit, when I already had to go home. The school was deserted when I ran inside so they didn't lose their nerve throwing tables to the floor to scare me with all the noise.

"Where are you?" One threw the table at the end of the class to the floor. I was under the teacher's one. "Don't tell me those cool red contacts don't give you superpowers."

Laughs. Their mocking laughs filled the classroom, I clenched my fist.

"What are you trying to archive with those contacts, freak? Nobody to get close to you because of the weirdo you are?"

I didn't stand more laughs so I teleported to the switch once and for all.

"They aren't contacts." I assured them switching on the lights, teleporting in front of the leader to give him the first punch.

I didn't plan to beat them up, just to make the familiar feeling of fear run down their spines. The chaos started just as I predicted, seeing my superpowers made them scream frightened, their screams didn't stop when I left us in darkness again, giving them the scare of their lives.