Chapter 42 "These hearts adore, everyone the other beats hardest for"

~Iria~

12/3/22

The music resounded throughout the huge speakers filling the place, the massive venue accommodated exclusively for this festival. It was crowded, filled with alcohol, music and glitter, lots of glitter.

It wasn't the first time Ethan and I sneaked into a festival, however I think this was the best one so far. We had fit in Spain pretty good in the three months we have spent living here so far, the idiom wasn't such a big deal and neither was the culture. Ethan and I realized that we liked Spanish music but there was this song... It's called Purpurina and it's been kind of an obsession since we first listened to it last month in a club we also sneaked into .

The lyric wasn't quite a masterpiece, I think it was the rhythm what made us enjoy the song so much, it was one of the main reasons why we are in this festival, Ethan promised me to scream that song when they played it.

Right now Ethan is more fixed on the girl he's been flirting with since we entered the venue, she is literally glitter. The girl has her lips painted with glitter, glitter in her eyeshadow and cheekbones together with a glitter tank top plus glitter in spray all over her hair and some parts of her skin.

She shines, literally.

She's actually very kind, we have been dancing with her group of friends since Ethan whispered in my ear "oh, look what a pretty girl, she shines" and walked to her. Her friends talked me into applying glitter to my lips painted in red and now I shine too.

I watch out of the corner of my eye how Ethan has already made the first move and he finds himself kissing the girl's glitter and I'm happy for him. I smile looking forward to the stage again.

I scream two more songs with the rest of the glitter girls, there's a very handsome boy -who I would say is gay- who offers himself to carry me on his shoulders for the following song and I do it, I don't know the third song but I can't help laughing when the boy screams at the singers on stage "I would throw you a bra if I wore one!"

I played along, cheering with my new friend at the boys on stage. The song ended and the boy put me down, it was then when I felt a known presence behind me.

"The glitter girl invited me to see her tent, can I leave you alone no more than an hour?"

I laughed at Ethan's serious tone, I knew that the 'can I' was an 'I will'. I denied with the head, Ethan was probably horny as fuck.

"Leave already, player."

Ethan clicked his tongue, right next to my ear, the sound echoed in my head.

"I love you too, baby."

He left afterwards, I stayed dancing and singing with the glitter girls and boy, they didn't stop gossiping about where did their friend go with the redhead while I avoided a smirk.

If they only knew.

The time and the songs went by, the sky was colored in an amazing orange tone when Ethan left and it continued to get dark, I was having a good time until the change of singers, I searched around knowing I wouldn't find him when I heard the first chords of the song, Purpurina.

La veo por la calle, adoro cómo camina
Quiero lamer su gloss
Quiero esnifar su purpurina
Y ella es mi adicción, ella es mi cocaína