46

R u awake? xx

Is the first thing I see when I wake up the next morning. Grinning, I text back.

I am now xx

Within seconds, my phone starts ringing.

"Good morning" I say, chirpily, sitting up in bed.

"Fuck, you sound so hot first thing in the morning..." Ben replies, his raspy voice sending chills down my spine.

"So do you..." I reply and he laughs. "What are you boys doing today?"

"Pete's taking us to some café for breakfast and then we're going to do some of the sights and head to a club a bit later."

"Sounds great!"

"Yeah, should be fun. Listen, what are you doing tomorrow?"

I think for a moment. "No plans, why'd you ask?"

"I was thinking I could pick you up after I drop James home and you could come to mine and meet my mum?"

I sit up straighter. "Really?"

"Yeah, if you're up for it?" he says, lightly.

"Yeah... I'd love to." I try to sound controlled, but inside I'm jumping for joy.

"Cool. What are you doing today?"

"I'm not sure, might see what Leila's up to... go to the pub or something later."

"Just Leila?" he asks inquisitively.

"Yes, just Leila."

"Cool. Not the Railway Tavern, I hope. If the Hulk turns up, maybe ask Leila not to post videos of you hugging him... please?" I can tell he's trying his best to sound diplomatic.

"The Hulk?" I ask, pretending I don't know who he's talking about.

"Yeah, the fucking guy with green hair and jacked up arms!"

I giggle. "Deal."

"Ok cool. And maybe," he sighs, "don't hug him in the first place?"

"Ben..." I start.

"I know, I know! I'm shutting up now. I love you, talk to you later."

"Bye."

I slide back down under my covers and sigh. I love Ben and he's trying to show me that he can commit, but we're not actually together, officially. And part of me is bothered by his request to stay away from Shaun. Especially after he's been shacking up with Lizzi for the last few weeks.

Groaning, I get out of bed and send Leila a text.

Drinks tonight? x

I head down to the kitchen to fetch a coffee and find a note from mum to say that she's gone out with her friend, Mona and will be back later. Why she doesn't just text me, I'll never know. As I'm searching the fridge for something for breakfast, my phone beeps.

Sure thing. Where? x

I don't know... where you thinking? x

Bristol? x

Confused, I call her.

"Yello?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I say, slamming the fridge door.

"I thought we could make a grand gesture... just turn up to see them! They'd love it!"

I laugh at the ridiculousness of her suggestion. "And how do you propose we get there?"