22

The next morning, I open my eyes to see Ben peacefully sleeping next to me. It feels so surreal to wake up next to him and I can't help but watch as his chest rises and falls. I kiss him gently on the lips and turn to get out of bed but feel his strong, warm arm wrap around me.

"Where do you think you're going?" he says, his voice deep and gravelly. He quickly pulls me back under the covers and I can't help but chuckle.

"I was going to take a shower."

Ben pulls me against him kissing my shoulder, and I can feel him pressing against me. "Not. Yet." His voice, low and raspy, sends shivers down my spine. He kisses my neck and I giggle as he pulls the cover over our heads.

When we emerge again a while later, I hop out of bed before he has a chance to grab me under again. He moans. "This time I'm taking a shower!" I call as I close the bathroom door.

10 minutes later, I leave the bathroom and find him at the door, bringing in a tray.

"Thank you." He says as he closes the door.

"What's all this?" I say, surprised.

"Well, it was meant to be breakfast in bed, but since you got up, it's more like breakfast on the bed."

He places the tray onto the mattress and removes the cloches to reveal Instagram-worthy plates filled with scrambled eggs, salmon and sourdough toast.

"Ta da!"

"Wow... that looks amazing. Thank you so much." I say, gently kissing his lips. He smiles and taps the empty space opposite him on the bed. "You're welcome. Now, tuck in before it gets cold."

As we eat, I can't help but glance across at him. His mess of curls are so unruly, resting lazily over his left eye and he has the beginnings of some sexy stubble. He looks so beautiful.

"What?" He says, mouth half full of food. I giggle.

"Nothing."

He smiles and continues eating. When we've finished, I get myself dressed as he makes his way into the shower. He emerges a few minutes later, looking super sexy with tight wet curls and nothing but a towel. The butterflies swirl in my stomach as I try to contain the way he makes me feel. It's so unlike anything I've ever experienced before. It's all consuming.

I decide to let my long hair dry naturally, falling in loose curls down my back. As it's still pretty chilly, I go for black tights, a flowery knee length dress and my black DMs. Very 90s Drew Barrymore. I add a little eyeliner and mascara and then pull on my peacoat and red scarf. If we're going to be outside for a while, I need to be comfy and warm.

"You look stunning." He says intensely, and my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

He settles on his tried and tested black shirt, black skinny jeans, and converse. Pulling on a long wool coat, he finishes the look with his West Ham scarf. I can't help but laugh out loud.

"Hey! Don't knock the scarf!" He says, jokingly.

I shake my head and roll my eyes mockingly.

"IROOONS!" he howls, crossing his arms over his chest and I burst into laughter.

We head down the old Georgian staircase of the B&B and out into the cold. Ben pulls out his phone and uses Maps to navigate our way to the stones. We walk up and over to a small gate that leads into a large green field. As we walk through and climb up the hill, I'm overwhelmed by the view. Huge, imposing stones are dotted throughout the field and across the road into another. I gasp.

"Did I do good?" He asks as he takes my hand in his.

My eyes sting with emotion and all can do is nod. Flicking back to last night, I'm reminded of how I thought I heard him say 'I love you'. I know he's said it in drunken desperation, but that might have been the first time he's said it seriously. My heart flips at the thought.