26

Back inside the pub, everyone is having a great time. Shaun and Mitch have joined the girls at the table, and everyone seems to be getting on really well.

"There she is!" Shaun says, patting the seat next to him. I smile and sit down. "Are you ok?" he asks, placing his hand lightly on my knee. I smile and nod.

"I hope you don't mind; we've invited a couple more of our friends down to hang?" he asks, grinning.

"Of course, not – the more the merrier." I reply and take a sip of my drink.

"Cool. So, tell me Holly, what's been going on since we last saw each other?"

"You mean that one time?" I joke, and he laughs.

"Exactly."

"Hmm... not much..." I say, and Kelly quickly adds "She got her heart broken!" I glare at her and turn back to face Shaun. "Not exactly... it's been eventful, I guess."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Man must be an idiot to let you go." Shaun replies, taking a gulp from his beer.

"What about you?" I ask, desperate to steer the conversation away, especially after what happened outside.

"Pshh... just been working and hanging out here, hoping to run into this girl I met..." he says, smirking.

"Is that so?" I say, returning the smirk.

"Yup, took her number and then broke my phone. I even tried going to the Misty Moon a couple of times, hoping to see her again there, but with no luck." I blush and look down, drawing circles with my finger on my tights.

"I'm glad we bumped into each other again." he says sincerely.

"Yeah, me too." I say, giving him a little side smile.

"Hey, Holly? You got a min?" Leila asks, beckoning me to the front door.

Confused, I reply, "Yeah, sure..." before grabbing my cigarettes and following her outside.

When we step into the street, Leila turns to face me, and she looks concerned. "Is everything ok?" I ask, slightly panicked.

"Yeah mate, I'm fine... I'm just so sorry... I think I fucked up." she hands over her phone and I see messages from Ben on Instagram.

Leila, where are you?

I just wanna talk to Holly

Please tell me where you are

I sigh and hand her phone back. "Oh mate, I'm so sorry he's messaging you too." Leila's eyes widen in shock. "He's messaged you?"

I nod, "Yeah, well... he was until I blocked him. He saw the video and just started tearing into me, calling me easy! So, I called him to have a go and then he called me a slut... ever the gentleman." I say, trying to make light of the situation.

Leila gasps, "What an arsehole! After everything he's done to you, he says that?!"

I shrug. "It's fine... well, it's not fine, it's fucked up... but I'm not going to let him ruin this evening. He's ruined every night I've had out with you girls. But tonight's not about him, it's about us. And we deserve to enjoy ourselves!"

Leila scoops me into a big hug. "Exactly mate, couldn't have said it better myself. Whilst we're being truthful, I haven't spoken to Mark since the weekend you went away. I have no idea why – fuck him – but thought you should know."

I hold her shoulders lightly to look at her. "I'm sorry Lei, that's really fucked up. Hopefully he'll come around – I know how much you like him."

She nods. "Anyway, enough of that... since we're out here, do you want to smoke?"