Difficult to Handle (II)

Start from the beginning

Sure, she couldn't get rid of the jealousy when she saw Zakariyya walking out with Yasmin with a small smile plastered over his handsome face, but her mind scolded her to think rationally. She sighed deeply before getting off the car and ambling up to them.

"You again?! I made it clear to not cross paths." Zakariyya groaned and gritted out when he saw the infuriating woman standing in front of him. Kinza dug her nails into her palm at his attitude and snapped her eyes towards Yasmin who just silently watched.

"Yasmin, come with me." She calmly stated and Yasmin crunched her brows. Zakariyya got into the hype mode and jumped between them.

"Excuse me? She's no one to you. Kindly get out of here." He barked at Kinza and the poor lady felt like banging his head on the damp road. And then, there was this burning rage inside because he stood up for someone besides her. Nevertheless, she regally ignored his sculpted face and clasped her fingers around Yasmin's wrist.

"Leave her, right now." He snarled, dangerous glaring at her with the blue darkening in his irises. In the dim light, she couldn't gather the green and silvery mist floating in his orbs but the darkening clouds was enough to send a chill down her spine.

"Zakariyya, there's no need to get worked up. Relax." Yasmine solemnly verbalized in her quiet but stern voice and his gaze softened when it fell on her. Kinza felt like bawling her eyes out at the attention she didn't receive but settled with glaring at this brown mop of hair instead.

"Yasmin, does your husband abuse you?" Kinda urgently asked when she brought them to a corner and Yasmin's eyes set ablaze at the question. Even if she was angry, she didn't let a lot of it on show.

"Miss Ibraheem, that is a personal question and I don't see any reason of me being answerable to you." She silent replied and Kinza grit her teeth at the indirect insult. The only reason why she bothered to even talk to Yasmin was because she was a priority to Zakariyya.

"Does Zakariyya like you?" She meekly questioned again, mentally hoping that she assumed everything but she was only deluded herself. Yasmin inhaled a painful breath at her posed query and Kinza but her lip in anticipation.

"Zakariyaa and I are colleagues. We only have mutual understanding." She plainly stated, holding back some of the deatils. Kinza's eyes rounded in surprise but she couldn't bring herself to believe in the lady in front of her. "Besides, I have a husband."

Kinza winced at the slight twitch of Yasmin's lips at her husband's mention and zeroed her eyes over the scar near her temple.

"Yasmin, would you like to trust me? I need your help with something." Kinza stated with a spark in her eyes that'd put Yasmin in trouble as well.

▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁

Zakariyya pressed the back of his head at the wall behind him and breathed deeply. He'd come to throw the trash out and stood there for some time for himself. His blood had begun boiling when his manager informed him that Yasmin had resigned and he still felt rage surge through him at the memory of it.

He wasn't liking it. He didn't want to work in the small place anymore. It felt like there was something lacking without Yasmin's presence and his heart went uneasy at the feeling. He ran a tired hand through his dark brown hair and sighed at the turn of events.

Since the unfortunate meet with the rich brat, Yasmin hadn't showed up and he had a gut feeling that it was all her doing. Four days. He hadn't had a glimpse of Yasmin's face for four days and it made him go all sorts of insane.

"Hey Zakariyya! How're you doing?" A chirpy voice rang out and he instantly shot his eyes open.

Kinza Ibraheem stood there with a wide grin on her pink lips, a coffee cup in her left hand and her hair resting high in a messy bun. Her white perfect teeth were set on display for him to see and the winds blew the stray tendrils around her face, making her a sight for sore eyes.