Chapter 53 (Present)

Mumbai, Singhaniya House.

Author's Pov,

Yashika glanced at the photos of a small boy who was looking too cute with his fair, red chubby cheeks.

There were so many photos of that same boy but at different ages.

He was her son Ayaan, not the biological one but more than that.

She had lived for him all her life, just for him.

Her life wasn't smooth, and she too faced so many hurdles but she devoted her whole life to her son.

She didn't get married again and stayed with him but she failed as a mother.

His mother was right she didn't become the mother Ayaan wanted and today if he is like this it's only her fault.

She destroyed her son's life, with her own hand.

He was the only one for whom she sacrificed her career, her self-respect, and her husband and was still living with the name of Singhaniya behind her name.

But her one mistake and she lost him forever.

Tears left her eyes, thinking about him she hadn't seen him for the last two years.

She searched every news channel to get a single glimpse of him but he avoided the paparazzi like the plague.

God knows How her son would be, her heart aches just thinking about his well-being.

What if he still takes drugs? Who would stop him? Will her son would be fine?

She wiped her tears accepting the fact that her son was not with her anymore.

But she was sure about one thing, she would never let him know whose biological son he was.

It would hurt him only, in the most brutal way and she can't see him loathing himself.

********

Dhanrajgir Mansion.

Prakriti was sitting near the window, looking at the beautiful garden of Dhanrajgir's mansion.

She was just seventeen when she married Sahasya, it wasn't like she didn't know, she was his, she was always told that she was betrothed to him when she didn't even know the meaning of that word.

With his family's orthodox mindset, it was common for them to get a minor girl married to their elder son who was a twenty-eight-year-old man just to complete the wish of his great-grandmother, who was on her deathbed.

But it wasn't easy for her to leave her parent's house and come to live with her in-laws.

What about her parents who married their minor daughter, who didn't want to miss the chance of having an alliance with the country's richest family just because of their minor daughter?

Sometimes she feels that she is the only one who is born with the cursed fate.

But little did she know she wasn't the only one, so many girls are victims of child marriage, and there are so many cases like this in the country that are worse than hers.

If she ever got a chance she would get justice for those girls.

She glanced at his naked back, he was looking peaceful, but there was no peace in her life.

How could it be when she loved his younger brother and satisfied his needs every night falling in her own eyes?

She got up and dressed herself and decided to check on her kids.