Chapter 36 (Past +Present)

Past.

Mumbai, Singhaniya Corporation,

Author's Pov,

Priti held her breath and entered the room where the audition was going on only to meet with darkness.

Her heartbeat fastened when a focus light fell on her figure making her the centre of attraction.

She was too anxious but she pulled a strong facade on her face hiding her fear behind that mask.

She tried to speculate the people who were present there but because of the extreme darkness, it was hard to predict the number of people who were present there.

She slowly walked into the middle, not knowing just the clicking sound of her heel was making someone hard

She stopped and waited for the order of judges who were awestruck after looking at the rare beauty that was standing there.

Suddenly Priti heard the throat-clearing sound and a soft voice reached her ear, "Hello, Miss Can I know your name?"

Priti smiled showing her beautiful dimples and making the judges smile after seeing her beautiful smile.

"Hello, Mam My name is Priti Sharma."

A male voice spoke out taking her attention, "Did you have any experience in this field miss?"

"No Sir I don't have any experience."

Another female voice spoke, "Then do you think only based on your beauty you will get selected here?"

Priti didn't like her words but she kept her calm and answered, "Mam I am not here to show how beautiful I am, I know I don't have any experience, but if you want to test my talent then I am ready to go through anything."

A different male voice spoke, "Describe a meaning of beauty in your words Ms. Sharma?"

Priti spoke in the same calm tone, "Beauty never describes the facial features how you look or how perfect you are it's all about confidence and elegance."

She stopped and waited to hear something but after a long silence of one minute, her heartbeat started to beat wildly in fear of losing the last opportunity, but a rough voice reached her ear making her gulp in fear knowing very well to whom it belonged.

"You are selected, Ms. Sharma."

The lights got on and Priti's heartbeat accelerated after seeing the man who was sitting in front of her.

After knowing how arrogant that man was she didn't wish to check him out but her teenage hormones were playing with her emotions.

She slowly lifted her eyelashes to look at him and at that one glance her eyes got stuck on him.

He was sitting on a chair just looking at her with a calm expression.

He changed the black shirt that she had almost torn off in the morning, now he was wearing a white shirt, that was unable to hide his muscles, the few topmost buttons of his shirt were open, giving a good view of his chest.