15| Rejection

Author's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Priti didn't want to decline the offer, but she had no choice. Her father would never permit her to enter the entertainment industry, and she couldn't go against his wishes just to become a model.

She had dreamed of becoming a model in order to see him, and today, she had finally met him. There was no longer any reason to pursue that career.

The house she wanted to buy for her father would still be hers one day, once she had matured and achieved something meaningful in her life. For now, she would focus on her studies and then consider other things.

She glanced at the man waiting for her response and said, "Thank you so much, Sir, for the offer, but I can't accept it. My father will never permit me, and I don't want to go against him for something he doesn't believe is safe for me."

She glanced at his expression, which had hardened at her words. She understood he didn't like her refusal, and she, too, felt awkward saying no to him, but she didn't have any other option.

Peeking at him with her innocent eyes, she spoke softly, "Sir, if you won't mind, could you give me your autograph on this napkin? I... I... I like you so much, Sir."

Ayaan stared at her in amusement, caught off guard by her request. The anger he had been feeling towards her vanished into thin air.

He wanted to smile at her but kept his face composed. Her voice had initially mesmerized him, but her words had infuriated him. He had never heard "No" in his entire life, and now this little girl had said it directly to his face.

He just wished to drag her out and fuck her against all odds. He would have acted on his anger by now if the hall hadn't been filled with people.

No girl had ever rejected his offer so smoothly. After offending him like a furious bull, she had the audacity to ask for an autograph as if nothing had happened.

One thing was clear: she wasn't the type of person he had assumed. He had thought she would be easy to sway, but her previous words proved him wrong—perhaps very wrong..

He bent down to her level and took the napkin from her hand, deliberately brushing her fingers in the process.

Without averting his eyes from the little figure standing in front of him, he extended his hand towards Rajiv asking for pen.

She looked downward, feeling awkward with his closeness, but it didn't bother him. If it were up to him, he would have grabbed her neck and slammed his lips onto hers, sucking all the sweetness from her lips.

Rajiv quickly handed him a pen, and he signed the napkin before giving it back to her.

He leaned in close to her ear and whispered sensually, "Nice to meet you, Ms. Sharma."

"Thank you, Sir," she replied quickly, and before he could say anything further, she ran away.

Amused, he arched an eyebrow and smirked, watching her until she vanished from sight.

His thoughts broke when he remembered he had to inform his grandfather that he had attended the function. For the first time in his life, he felt thankful towards his grandfather for this fake charity show.

That old man had done something that, for the first time, had benefited him in a good way. He sat back down in his chair, looking in the direction where she had left. After five minutes, he tilted his head to look at Rajiv giving a charming smile.

Rajiv just nodded, understanding exactly what his boss meant by those looks.

Ayaan's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~