6|She Lost it

Author's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~
[After Two Days]

Priti woke with a jerk, taking in her surroundings. She was in a private, luxurious hospital room.

The memories of the earlier incident flooded back, and tears of pain streamed down her honey-colored cheeks.

She placed her hand on her swollen stomach, Was he gone? The bloodied memory came rushing in her head.

The reality that he was gone forever sank in, leaving her heart clenched with excruciating pain. Despite her tears and suffering, the pain seemed endless, and now even her heart refused to cry.

Staring blankly at the ceiling, Piyush's face suddenly flashed in her mind. She remembered that he was there, too.

Hospitalized.

Determined, she got up from the bed and rushed toward his room.

She was in agonizing pain, her lower body burning with an intensity she could barely endure, but she pushed through it. She encountered a nurse in the corridor who tried to stop her, but she forcefully pushed the nurse aside and continued running toward her brother's room.

The nurse, realizing the urgency, and ran to inform the doctor about Priti's condition.

Priti came running towards her brother's room, shoving the door open.

Her heart raced in panic when she saw the bed empty. She rushed to the bed and noticed a note lying there.

Her hopes crumbled as she realized Saveer hadn't come to save them. Tears streamed down her face as she thought about her best friend betraying her, just like everyone else. Feeling utterly alone, she picked up the note and began to read.

Hi! Sweetheart
Missed me?
But I missed you my sweet sugar.
I love seeing you beg, so get ready and come to my Farmhouse at 8 PM. After that, your brother will be returned to you.

- Your love, Ayaan

Priti fell to the ground, overwhelmed by despair. She understood Ayaan's cruel game now-using the same manipulative tactics against her.

She cursed the day she fell in love with him, realizing how she had walked into her own destruction.

He had always been after her body, never loving her as she thought. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to steady herself.

Despite the agony of losing her child, she was resolved to save her brother. She would go to him, determined to confront him and find out what he had planned next. Clutching the letter, she left the hospital, feeling both helpless and resolute.

The nurse who had encountered Priti earlier rushed back to the doctor, informing him that Priti had fled the hospital.

The doctor, concerned, immediately called someone and relayed the entire situation. After listening to the response, the doctor hung up and instructed, "Our work here is done. Pack your things and leave the city. I'll arrange for your transfer to another hospital. Everything that happened two days back must remain a secret."

The nurse nodded in agreement and went to prepare for her departure.

Meanwhile Priti arrived home, her mind consumed by despair. She went straight to the bathroom, stripping off her clothes and stepping into the shower. The water cascaded over her honey-colored skin, mingling with her tears as she let out her pain and sorrow.

Exhausted from the relentless crying, she felt a deep emptiness in her heart, as if the emotions she once felt had been drained away. The cool breeze that drifted through the window brushed against her cheeks, pulling her from her desolation.