Chapter 1

________Adannaya (odd-uh-nay-ah) King

8:30am...

"Mommy wake up!" A body climbed on my bed weighing it down. "Mommy get up I'm hungry!" Little hands tapped on my back.

I rolled over to my daughter Adanna sitting on the bed. Her big green eyes stared at me. I groaned and sat up. "I'm getting up Missy." Climbing out of bed I threw on my robe.

"Mommy I want fruity pebbles." Her little hand grabbed my forefinger. I was drugged to the kitchen by my 3 year old. Literally. I picked her up and sat her in a chair.

"I'm going to make you some cereal. Then mommy is going to get dressed. Okay?" I filled a bowl up with fruity pebbles and some milk. "Finish eating then I can get you dressed." Adanna simply nodded and proceeded to eat. I walked into my room and stood by my dresser.

If you don't already know my name is Adannaya King. I stand at 5'6, and I'm 20 years of age. Yea I know what your thinking. Your only 20 and you have a 3 year old daughter? Yes I do. I got pregnant at the beginning of my junior year. By my jackass ex, but I'll get to that later. I am dark complexion, or black whatever you want to call it. My mother is Nigerian, and my father is Ethiopian. Last year I cut my hair to shoulder length. I originally had waist length hair, but I decided to *snip *snip. Also I have a curvy figure like and hourglass.

I looked down at the clock on my nightstand. It read 8:50. Going through my closet I pulled out an outfit. It consisted of blue jeans, black flats, and a pink floral shirt.

"Mommy I'm done!" I could hear Lady calling me from the kitchen. That's Adanna's nickname. Her father gave it to her when she was 1.

"Alright leave the bowl there, and come here." Her little feet patted across the hardwood floor. I was pulling my hair back when I seen Lady through the mirror. Her little body climbed on my bed . "What are you doing little munchkin." I grinned at her through the mirror.

"Waiting on you." Her little feet dangled off the bed while she swung them. "Can I wear a dress today? Oh and I would like a braid in my hair. Please?" Lady watched me through the mirror.

"Whatever you want. Go brush your teeth then I can help you get ready." She nodded and darted out the room.

When Adanna was born she was my first love. She has some of her father's features, but she mostly looks like me. Only thing different is that is her color. She's mixed. Yup believe it or not, but her father is white. Adanna is a beautiful little girl. Her curly hair reaches her bottom, and her green eyes are freaking adorable. Me and her father never realized why her eyes were green. My eyes are brown and his are hazel. Weird right?

I walked into Lady's room to inspect her outfit. She was in her closet looking through shoes. I wonder about this girl sometimes. She acted so grown and had so much sass. I can tell she noticed my outfit. She put on a white floral dress, black leggings to go under, and her white flats with a bow on top.

"You look beautiful, but don't you think that you shoes with the flower on top would be better?" I suggested. I went to her dresser and picked up the stuff I need for her hair.

"But mommy... I wanna wear these shoes." She pointed to her shoes and put her head down. I walked towards her and placed Lady on my hip.

"You can wear those. It's no big deal." A giggle left her mouth. I sat her on the bed and proceeded to do her hair. "How about later we pick up auntie and get ice cream?" Her eyes widened. I know what that face means. Lady started clapping and bouncing.

"Ice cream! Ice cream!" She chanted.

"Alright calm down. I need to finish your hair." She instantly sat down again.

I tied a bow at the end of her french braid. I checked the clock on my phone. Exactly 9:15. "It's time to get a move on munchkin. Get your bag and lets roll." Getting off the bed I walked into my room and picked up my purse, charger, and book-bag. Lady danced through the living room singing.

"We're on the road again. I can't wait to get back on the road again!" I walked out the door smiling. I couldn't help I was smiling the girl has problems. Maybe I need to cut back on watching Shrek.

I went through my purse for my keys. I moistened my lips and it had a funny taste. My mouth was dry, did I brush my teeth? I did a quick breath test. DAMN! Nope I didn't brush them. Shit I can't believe I forgot- uh. "Come back inside the house mommy forgot to do something." I lead Lady back into the house, and rushed to the bathroom.

I picked up my pink toothbrush and added paste. Have you ever brushed you teeth so fast that you made your gums bleed? That's what I'm feeling right now. And it hurts like hell! I heard Lady in the living room. Peeping my head around the corner she spotted me. Her little feet tapped against the hardwood floor as she walked.

"Mommy did you forget to brush your mouth?" She walked into the bathroom and stood by the sink with her pink duck in hand.

"Yes I forgot to brush my teeth." Spitting out toothpaste I wiped my mouth. I rinsed my mouth out with Listerine. "I'm ready lets go."

Lady followed behind me out the apartment. She ran ahead of me down the steps. "Be careful!" I yelled after her trailing behind.

"Come on mommy your slow." Lady waved from the bottom step. "I'm coming sassy pants." I picked up Lady so we could cross the street. Reaching the car I unlocked it and strapped Lady in.

"Mommy I want to do it." She reached for the seat-belt and pulled it across. After she snapped it I double checked, hopped in the driver's seat, and pulled off.

________