28

-Mael's POV-

I stared at Elizabeth and that goddess bastard. They seemed to have a good time together. I wish it was me... I wish I was there instead of that short human-like goddess.

It's dumb that I feel like this, about a girl nonetheless... I should just care about the war, about winning, but here I am, thinking of her.

How I wish I was the one laying on her lap, watching her do those flower crowns. Their laughter was heard and I looked somewhere else.

This is torture for me. Being forced to watch those two together every day like this. Why do I have to be her bodyguard? If I wasn't, I could protect her of my own will, I could listen to her rants and her secrets. She would trust me... and maybe she would eventually have started growing feelings for me too.

But instead, I'm forced to watch her being happy with that bad behaved human-like goddess.

I jumped down from the branch I was sitting on, saying "I will go on a walk, don't leave this place and don't leave Meriodasu. I will be back in a while."

Elizabeth nodded while Meriodasu shrugged, saying "You're a control freak, let Elizabeth live a little. Nothing bad will happen."

"You little-"

"He doesn't mean it Mael, go on your walk if you want to."

"I sure as hell mean what I-"

Elizabeth covered his mouth, smiling at me as she said "I will stick to Meriodasu, so don't worry about me. Have a nice walk now."

I smiled back at her, walking away from them. I need some alone time... I need some time to think... I don't want to just watch those two have fun while I'm left out to watch over them, or well, watch over Elizabeth.

-Meliodas' POV-

"I hate him."

"Meriodasu, be kinder to him. Please?"

"Why should I? He's weak with a big mouth. He stares at you too much, even though he knows you're mine. I don't like it. He's probably trying to take you away from me."

"Don't say that Meriodasu. He's just a very good friend, nothing more. He's just doing his job my mother gave him, that's why he's always with me."

"Well, I hate it either way." I grumbled, laying on my side. I looked up at her, asking "What're you even doing?"

"Sit up."

I did as she told me, sitting in front of her still as confused. She put the flowers on my head, smiling "Hmm, you look so cute in a flower crown. It really suits you."

"I'm not wearing this." I said, taking it off. She crossed her arms, saying "But I want you to... pleaseeee?"

"No one can see me in this. It's humiliating."

"No, it's cute."

"It's cute on you." I said, putting it on her head instead. She sighed, saying "You're not gonna accept it, are you?"

"Nope."

"Okay..."

. . . . .

It was starting to get late... I have to sneak away to talk with father...

"Elizabeth?"

"Yes?"

"I will be back in a minute." I mumbled, standing up. She looked at me, asking "Do you know if Mael is back?"

"I don't think so. I will be back very soon, so doesn't matter."

She nodded, turning back to try to sleep. I walked away, looking for an empty place where I could talk to father. It didn't take too long, but it took at least a few minutes.

I sighed as I finally found it. Now I could just wait. He should be contacting me whenever now...

A black spot of darkness formed above me and father's voice said "Meliodas. I heard there was lots of demons lost in the battlefield near the Fiary King's forest. Do you have anything to do with it?"

Getting down on one knee and bowing, I replied "I apologize father, but I had an Archangel with me and the princess. I had no other choice."

"Gloxinia told me you were protecting the princess of the goddesses."

I stared down at the ground and then nodded, saying "Yes... Yes I did. He was hurting her and I had to-"

I couldn't breathe as father spoke "Enough of this. From now on, you're only allowed to kill as many demons as you kill goddesses on the battlefield."

Nodding, I could breathe once again. Father then spoke "Do you have any more information?"

"Well, I-"

I turned around when I heard some rustling between branches. Elizabeth stood there, wide eyed and with a face of betrayal.

"Eliza-"

Tears filled her eyes as she turned around to run.

"We can't have any witnesses, catch her Meliodas! You have to kill her!"

"But I-"

"Meliodas!" His voice was dark and sent chills down my spine.

"Yes father..." I said, running after Elizabeth. She hadn't run far and I could quickly catch up to her. I tackled her down onto the ground, pushing her down.

"Elizabeth, please understa-"

I was pushed away from Elizabeth and slammed into a tree. Mael was pinning me to it. I kicked him, freeing myself from his grip.

He threw a punch at me, which I blocked with my arm before punching him back. He kicked me, throwing me into another tree, but this time, I landed on the tree and jumped back to attack him.

To my dismay, some people heard our commotion and started surrendering us. Other archangels being few of them. They took Mael's side and joined the fight. I was pinned down in just a few minutes.