14

-Elizabeth's POV-

"Everyone leaves someday Elizabeth. It's leave or being left, so I can't guarantee anything."

I nodded, looking down at my plate while eating. It was quiet a few seconds before Meriodasu said "But what's happening right now, right here is what's important in this moment, is it not? Right now, I'm here. I will probably be here tomorrow and the day after too. In a few weeks, who knows? But that matters then."

I smiled at his bad attempt at cheering me up. It didn't help, but he was right.

"I guess you're right."

"Now eat, we have fighting class next."

-Mael's POV-

"Mael, and what takes you here? You are supposed to guard my daughter."

"Your highness, I have to ask you for me to quit. Princess Elizabeth does not like having a bodyguard and are always sneaking out with another boy at night. I can't do anything about it..."

"Does my daughter have a love interest in that boy?"

"I... I am not certain, but I believe so."

It hurt to admit that, but I had to speak the truth. I can't deny it anymore. Something is going on between the two, whether I want to believe it or not.

"What's the boy's name?"

"Meriodasu."

"How long have they known each other?"

"A couple weeks."

"Hmmm, guards!" The supreme diety spoke up and a guard came running here.

"I want you to get me a boy named Meriodasu. Inform Nerobasta to immediately prepare him."

"Yes my queen."

The Supreme Deity looked back at me, saying "Mael, you're dismissed. Go back to guard my daughter until further notice."

I nodded, quickly leaving my room.

-Meliodas' POV-

I was staring at Elizabeth in magic class while she did exactly what we were supposed to do.

"Meriodasu, I told you to heal that bird." The teacher came up to me. She was soooo annoying, I don't like her one bit.

"It's basically dead already, why should I heal it?"

"You are already failing this class, don't you dare talk back to me too."

"I will help him miss, don't worry." Elizabeth said, sitting down beside me while instructing me how to do. This is stupid... Even if I tried, it wouldn't work. I shouldn't be here at all, I should be fighting the goddesses, not be here learning magic with them.

"Meriodasu, you're not listening."

"I don't need this class. It's stupid. If I just don't get hurt, I won't need the healing power."

"What if someone else is hurt?"

"That's their problem."

Elizabeth grabbed me by my face, forcing me to look at her as she said "What if it was someone you loved that got hurt? What if it was your brother?"

I stared into her eyes while saying "I don't love anyone."

"Meriodasu." I heard my name. Both Elizabeth and I looked at the principal on her way towards me. I stood up, asking "What?"

"The Supreme Deity have requested of you to meet her."

"Why would my mother want to meet Meriodasu?" Elizabeth asked, making me just shrug it off and say "I'm not going."

"Meriodasu, this is an order, not a -"

"Yeah, yeah, fine. When do I leave?"

"This afternoon."

"I will come with you." Elizabeth spoke, just for the principal to say "No, she requested Meriodasu alone. Mael will also be back, he will be with you."

"But m-"

"Meriodasu, get yourself ready."

. . . . .

"I don't understand what my mother would want you..."

"Do you think Mael have said something? Will you return?"

I was just listening to Elizabeth's rant as we ate dinner. There wasn't much time left until I would go, so Elizabeth has been on my back all day.

"Does she know about our relationship? Will she take advantage of our relationship-"

"What do you mean by relationship?" I interrupted her, staring at her face as it slowly became red.

"I mean friendship. Not... not relationship as in... just, just friendship, nothing more." She was all flustered, which was fun to see.

"Hmmm? Really? That's all you mean?"

"Y-yes, or-or what? D-do you want it to be something mor-"

"You sure you don't want it to be anything more?" I asked, smirking as she just got redder.

"I- um- no- I..."

"Of course you want it, who could ever say no to this body and personality?" I asked, flexing my muscles. She giggled, saying "Meriodadsu."

It went quiet as we continued eating. All we could hear was everyone else talking to their friends. After a few minutes, Elizabeth asked "When you come back... do you want to go to the human realm with me? I need a break from everything."

"Sure... Of course I will go with you..."

She gave me a smile and a nod. We ate quietly until Mael interrupted us and I had to go.

. . . . .

I stepped into the castle, looking around it. It was so... white... I don't like it...

"Meriodasu." Someone said my name and I looked at the throne were the Supreme Diety sat.

"Supreme Deity? I assume?"

"Yes. Do you know why you are here?"

"No."

"It's about my daughter, Elizabeth."