20

-Meriodasu's POV-

The fairy king, Elaine, Elizabeth and I sat on the top of the sacred tree. They had prepared some tea, as well as berries and fruit that's growing in the forest, for us.

Elizabeth sipped of her tea as Harlequin said "So, now when we're seated, let's talk about your plan."

All of us others nodded as he continued "What I have heard, your plan is to hold demons captive until they attack us. However, those demons needs to be held in secret, under this forest, suggested the Supreme Deity."

"Sadly, that's all true..." Elizabeth spoke, making me grab and hold her hand as support. Harlequin then spoke "As much as I hate demons, I can't sacrifice the whole forest for the plan. This is my people's home and our sacred place..."

"I understand... I don't like the plan either..." Elizabeth said, glancing at me a second. The same feeling as before dwelled up inside of me, I just felt really guilty.

"Well, so I wanted to know if there is any other way to assist in the war. I want to be to help."

Elizabeth looked at me, then back at the king and said "I don't think-"

"There is one thing. It's exhausting and time taking getting goddesses in and out of the goddes realm at every fight. If the soldiers that's fighting could stay here in between battles, it would be to great help."

"That's too much to ask for, Meriodasu. We couldn't possib-"

"No, no, that's fine. The fairies aren't the strongest fighters, even if they can fight. If this would help in the war, then of course."

"Great, we could build headquarters here and nurse the injured goddesses back to health."

"Yes, but if you will be staying here, there is some rules..."

. . . . .

"Meriodasu..." Elizabeth said, walking a few steps behind me as we looked around the forest.

"Yeah?"

"I don't think it's a good idea to make headquarters here... It will risk the fairies lives."

"You... don't like this?" I asked, looking back at her, stopping in my tracks. I did this just to make her happy... I actually tried to help, just to make it up for before...

Sure, it would be beneficial for me, I don't have to live around all weak goddesses or breathe goddess miasma anymore, but that's not really the reason I did this...

Okay, it's maybe part of the reason I did this... but still, most of the reason is to make up for disappointing Elizabeth.

She was looking down at the ground when mumbling "It would be great in the war... but..."

"But?" I asked, taking a few steps closer to her. She kept quiet a few seconds before saying "But when you are recruited to the army soon, you will stay here... while I will be in the goddess realm... It will be dangerous here and I won't be able to see you often..."

"You will... miss me?" I asked, looking her into her eyes. She blushed and nodded, saying "Of course I would... I love you..."

I stared into her eyes, grabbing her wrists, slowly sliding up her upper arm.

Her breath was suddenly on mine as she just came closer and closer. Next thing I knew, our lips touched and our eyes were closed.

My heart was beating so fast and my mind was blank as I actually just enjoyed the moment.

After a few seconds, we pulled away and I saw Elizabeth being a blushing mess.

"I-I-I-I... eh- Umm-"

She suddenly looked me in the eyes, becoming quiet a second.

"Meriodasu... Are you blushing?" She asked, making me turn away from her. Is this how blushing feels like? Feeling my face being hot and my heart beating hard?

"You're blushing!" Elizabeth squealed, sounding so happy. I looked back at her, saying "No, I am not nor have I ever..."

She giggled, hugging me. I hugged back, laying my head against her shoulder "When I join the army, I promise, I will be okay... Don't worry about that..."

"But still... I won't know when the last time I see you is..."

"I'm the strongest there is, I won't die in a while."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

. . . . .

I was walking around the fairy king's forest when I suddenly heard yelling.

What could that be? There's barely any people around...

Walking closer to the yelling, I peeked around a tree to see the fairy King and some human. Harlequin were yelling at the human, who didn't seem to care.

"What's up?" I asked, making myself known to them. Both looked at me, the fairy king saying "Meriodasu. What're you doing here?"

"I was just walking around." I said, looking at the human who was now staring at me. That's when I saw him holding a bottle of ale, making me ask "That's alcohol?"

He looked down at the bottle and nodded, making me ask "Mind if I take a sip?"

"Meriodasu, shouldn't you be with the princess?" The king asked, making me shrug "I was bored."

The human passed me the bottle and I took a sip before throwing it back to him.

"So what's happening here?" I asked, looking at the two that was glaring at each other.

"Nothin'. I'm leaving." The human said, starting to walk away as Harlequin flew towards me, saying "It's not important. Where's the princess?"

"I dunno. I don't know where she is all the time." I replied, pulling my arms behind my head. He nodded, saying "Well, since you're here, there's some things I would like to discuss with you... alone."

I stopped in my tracks at his serious tone, asking "What is it?"

"Well..."