4

-Elizabeth's POV-

"Why are you here? Meriodasu?" I asked, not showing my annoyance towards him.

"I decided to take you up on that offer before since it looks like you don't have any friends."

"Oh, thank you so much for that." I said sarcastically. Guess it's still better than to be all alone with Mael at least...

"Anyways princess, what are you doing in a school like this?" He asked, sitting sideways in his chair and leaning on his elbow on the table. He took a bite of his apple while staring at me.

This didn't make me feel comfortable at all and just replied "You don't have to know. What about you? Why did you start in this school?"

"An old man recommended the school to me. Said I get a dorm and food here."

"You do realize that everyone in this school will join the army and go to war."

"Yeah, and?"

"You ready for that?"

"The only difference between going in this school and not is that I'm getting educated to fight, even if I didn't go, I still have to go to war if more soldiers are needed."

"But if you go here, you will be some of the first ones chosen."

"I'm pretty used to fighting at this point, I lived in the human realm and we were constantly attacked by the demons, so nothing is really changing for me."

"Really? So what brings you here? Why were you in the human realm?"

"My family died there and I was raised by humans. I want to learn more about my race and fight with it." He spoke, making me nod.

So that's why he is acting the way he does? Now I feel bad for him...

"Then you and Mael has at least something common, he is also used to constant fighting and has been in the war ground a few times." I said, forcing a small smile.

He gave me a small smile back as he turned to Mael, asking "So? Are you one of the archangels or something?"

"Yes, I am."

"Cool." Meriodasu said, making me just continued eating as we chatted. He was much  nicer to be with than I thought, well, except the mean comments he could spit out.

. . . . .

I pulled my knee a bit more forward and did the pose we was supposed to. Mael was on the other side of me as Meriodasu was running aground the field, doing next years classes as he was supposed to already know this.

The teacher had confirmed it, so now he is doing different stuff than we do.

"Now swing your sword." The teacher spoke, making me try my best to swing my sword.

"This position is supposed to hold you in place, it's good if you are clashing swords, but not for attacking as it doesn't help you move forward."

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my wrist and position my sword a bit.

Looking at Meriodasu, he said "You ate standing wrong. Put your weight on the leg in front, not behind. The sword is supposed to be closer to your body and your feet should be facing forward, not to the side."

Knowing he knew this stuff, I slowly did as he told me to. He smiled at me, saying "Great, you know what position this is for?"

"To clash swords with someone?"

"No."

"Then wha- ahhh!" I yelled as he pushed me to the ground.

"To make you fall."

"Thank you so much for nothing!" I grumbled, getting up in my feet again and taking the sword in my hands to do as the teacher told us to before.

"I'm just messing around, don't be such a crybaby."

"I'm not a crybaby, besides, aren't you supposed to run?"

"Nah, I'm done with all next year's classes too now. I just did the test to be upgraded. Honestly, you must be really weak if you are still in these classes."

"I'm so sorry that I don't want to fight." I grumbled. He sat down at the ground, saying "Doesn't want to fight? Then why are you in this school?"

"Do you have to know?"

"You are the princess, aren't you able to decide by yourself?"

"No, mother is making me do this." I replied. He suddenly stood up and walked over to me. Now changing my position again as he spoke "You know what? I will teach you the joys in fighting later."

"Joys in fighting?"

"Yes, I will teach you how to train properly and to be motivated. I will teach you everything I know about it." He spoke, making me nod.

"So, now this is the right position."

"You aren't going to make me fall again, will you?"

"I promise, I won't." He spoke and pulled some of my hair back to not be in the way. With a slight nod, I heard our teacher say "Princess Elizabeth, you are doing this position to perfection. Everyone, look at the princess to get a good example."

I smiled slightly at my first praise since I started the fighting lessons.

"Thank you." I whispered to Meriodasu as the lesson continued with Meriodasu mostly slacking off and messing around with me as I tried staying concentrated on the lesson.